Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heat distortion in the UK!

Guys,
    I am used to rejections for soft/undersharpened but this one surprised me.

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=2521952

"Heat distortion" yet 2 other photos similiar time and place were ok. Please can anyone be more precise where the problem is and if anything can be done to make it acceptable.
    My first post so please be gentle!

Cheers, Rick

A purely personal opinion ?

I don't see any heat distortion on this laptop but there is a small contrast issue with a slight lack of dark tones.
    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Like Brian, I do not see the heat distortion. I do see it is rather soft and slightly lacks contrast. This can easily be fixed, give it an extra kick of usm (unsharp mask) and increase the contrast.

cheers, Pamela

Comment

Brian/Pamela,

Thanks for the help.

Rick

Comment

Rick,
          I screened your pic and so I agree with the heat rejection. for sure your pic is too soft but if you look at the top fuselage it's suposed to be a straight line and here it's really not the case. I thought it was too bad to be just softness and that heat could be the origin.

Regards
          Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Omar Alex Saffe View Post
            Rick,
            I screened your pic and so I agree with the heat rejection. for sure your pic is too soft but if you look at the top fuselage it's suposed to be a straight line and here it's really not the case.
            Regards
            Alex
            that's exactly where I see it, at the top of the fuselage towards the front.

Comment

Guys,
              Thanks for your help, I can now see why it was rejected, shame though!

Cheers, Rick

Comment

Sorry to say Rick but i agree with Alex and Dave, i can see the heat distortion too. I've shot from that area to get the 09R banks recently and i had a lot of shots ruined due to heat distortion.
                Chris Sharps
                5D3 | 5D2 | 7D | 1D2 | 10D | 400D | 1V | 3
                17-40F4L | 24-105F4LIS | 70-200F2.8LIS | 100-400LIS
                24F1.4L II | 50F1.2L | 85F1.2L II | 15F2.8 Fisheye | 50F1.4 | 100F2.8 Macro
                1.4x | 550EX x2

Fuji X100

Comment

I was there that very afternoon and you are talking about shooting at distance on what was the hottest day of the year so far, a few of mine are heat hazed but I was shooting from closer in than you and I left before it got too warm.

That spot is perfect on a crisp winter day, but in the summer it can sometimes be a disaster.

Matt
                  My gallery of transport and travel pictures.

Click Here to view my photos at RailPictures.Net!

Comment

Ok. I admit defeat on this one. It looks as if the DHL carpark is potentially a great spot but not on a hot day and the 31st of May was a scorcher for the UK.

Comment

Working...
                    X