No announcement yet.

A new trend at JP.net with rejected shots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt, as a fellow Aussie Photographer, and also ex Sydney photographer I do know the spots along with the others on Jetphotos. Perhaps you and your 3 mates should have a good talk to Stephan, or AJ and even Andrew next time your down at the airport and hone your photography skills and also the editing part.

Look we all start off somewhere but take it from me when you abuse the screeners you really don't get looked at in the best way. I know this from previous experiences prior to being a screener. I did crack the shits once and I did get my fair share back.

Perhaps its time to cop one on the chin and move on. Hey look even us screeners get rejections. NO ONE IS PERFECT. Look at Craig, how many thousands of images has he taken over the years, Slide, Film, Digital, photographed just about everything in Australia and still gets rejects yet he doesn't complain.

Comment

Originally posted by matt loewy View Post
      That is all.
      But...BUT...BUT....ohhhh...

Originally posted by Brenden S
      Perhaps you and your 3 mates should have a good talk to Stephan, or AJ and even Andrew next time your down at the airport and hone your photography skills and also the editing part.
      Always happy to talk Matt, but if you start slinging shit around like you have been, expect double back mate!

Comment

Originally posted by Brenden S View Post
        Matt, as a fellow Aussie Photographer, and also ex Sydney photographer I do know the spots along with the others on Jetphotos. Perhaps you and your 3 mates should have a good talk to Stephan, or AJ and even Andrew next time your down at the airport and hone your photography skills and also the editing part.
        I'd love to know where you got 3 from ?

Comment

No it is about the new queue limit.

Let me apologize for that as well, as we did really follow suggestions of our users to reduce the queue to a more manageable level. http://forums.jetphotos.net/showthread.php?t=47128

Comment

Matt,
            When I first started uploading, i thought that every shot I took, processed, and set in was THE shot. Every time I got rejected, I felt in some way slighted, until it dawned on me that my shots were indeed bad...either poorly shot, poorly processed, or just over all crap. I found help in talking to other photogs, getting some books, and reading Stephan's guide: find it here
            Originally posted by seahawk View Post
            Try following a workflow, and yes in aviation photography, there are days that one should not shoot, as the weather will play havoc with the picture. We have such days here in SoCal right now...the light is aweful...too harsh, and even the sunsets are bad due to the marine layer which seems to be hanging around right now.

I think that all screeners who have responded to you have tried to offer swift, concise, and meaningful help. Take it for what it is...and relax. This is, after all, to most of us....A HOBBY!!!

Comment

Originally posted by twagenknecht View Post
              Matt,
              When I first started uploading, i thought that every shot I took, processed, and set in was THE shot. Every time I got rejected, I felt in some way slighted, until it dawned on me that my shots were indeed bad...either poorly shot, poorly processed, or just over all crap. I found help in talking to other photogs, getting some books, and reading Stephan's guide: find it here

Try following a workflow, and yes in aviation photography, there are days that one should not shoot, as the weather will play havoc with the picture. We have such days here in SoCal right now...the light is aweful...too harsh, and even the sunsets are bad due to the marine layer which seems to be hanging around right now.

I think that all screeners who have responded to you have tried to offer swift, concise, and meaningful help. Take it for what it is...and relax. This is, after all, to most of us....A HOBBY!!!
              Hey Tim you up for a spotting trip to Sydney? Sounds like it would be great fun!

Comment

Sydney...isn't that the place with those really bad funnel web spiders that kill you just by looking at you? Just kidding...would love to do the down unda sometime. That and NZ, Japan, etc...maybe throw in a swing by Vietnam, and Israel
                T

Comment

Originally posted by twagenknecht View Post
                  Sydney...isn't that the place with those really bad funnel web spiders that kill you just by looking at you?
                  Yep, ESPECIALLY around the airport! Come on down guys - you're always welcome!

Comment

Theres no Funnel Webs around the airport, the brown and black snakes have scared them all away.

Comment

Don't forget the friendly dog-sized rats around the beach area!!

Comment

Originally posted by afkabruce98 View Post
                        Don't forget the friendly dog-sized rats around the beach area!!
                        Oh yeah, the rats....

Comment

WTF did you feed them vegemite or what?

Comment

Originally posted by seahawk View Post
                            WTF did you feed them vegemite or what?
                            No, but photographers have been known to never return after twilight spotting missions to the Cooks River seawall! And if you try to swim for it, the sharks in the bay will get you!

Comment

They enjoy a bountiful and varied diet since it's a popular area and always has overflowing rubbish bins full of food. I've had them approaching to investigate my coffee cup (which I had on the ground next to my ladder) and seen them take a banana peel from under Andrew's chair while he was sitting in it. And, they are especially fond of overseas visitors....

Comment

Come on...to me, being an original New Yorker, these rats are minuscule compared with the dog sized vermin that NYC gets. NYC has rats so big that dogs will not mess with them!! Spiders that kill........now that is something else altogether
                                T

Comment

Working...
                                X