X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new trend at JP.net with rejected shots

edit

Hey Matt,

I have appealed a few shots recently and some have comments. I think there are two reasons for this
    1. because of the overload of shots to screen, they probably don't have time to write a note.
    2. Also I believe they don't have enough space to write a proper explanation on an appealed shot. Recently one screener wrote back in a rejected appeal saying there wasnt enough space on the appeal section to explain the rejection reason.

I think if you don't get a reply then just post the shot in the forum and I am sure you will get a more detailed explanation here.

regards,
    Saurabh

Comment

Matt the answer is very simple...the rejection reason(s) were valid the first time and there's no need for any further comment by the appeal screener. This is not a new practice or a new trend as a good deal of the appeal photos that are rejected do not carry any further comment because one isn't needed. If your shot was rejected for Dark/under me telling you "Matt the shot is dark bring up the levels" isn't going to add anything to the original rejection reason. If a shot is rejected for being underexposed logic would dictate.."I need to increase the levels."
      Last edited by tommyalf; 2009-06-13, 03:25.

Comment

Originally posted by tommyalf View Post
        Matt the answer is very simple...the rejection reason(s) were valid the first time and there's no need for any further comment by the appeal screener. This is not a new practice or a new trend as a good deal of the appeal photos that are rejected do not carry any further comment because one isn't needed. If your shot was rejected for Dark/under me telling you "Matt the shot is dark bring up the levels" isn't going to add anything to the original rejection reason. If a shot is rejected for being underexposed logic would dictate.."I need to increase the levels."
        No Tommy,

just an explanation on why 2 perfectly decent and acceptable photos were rejected. Really not such a hard ask

Comment

Matt, rejections happens and it is uncommon to get a detailed explanation from a screener, either the original(s) or on appeal. When there are 10,000+ photos in the queue, it keeps them busy.

As Saurabh suggested, just post them here on the forum. Plenty of people are happy to offer advice.

Comment

I would say, we leave a comment in more than 50% of the appeals, but if also depends on the photographers comment and the individual rejection.

If the original rejection says "dark and contrast", as in your example above and you appeal with "not dark, contrast is OK", the senior or admin has simply two opinions and decides for one of them. It doesn't needa any further comment. Or what exactly would it help, if he writes "photo is dark and contrast is off"? In my opinion, nothing.

If the individual case is not that easy, then we usually leave a comment.

Gerardo
            My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Matt, is that a new trend? Complaining photogs not telling the whole story!!

I checked all of your 38 rejections, just to find the 2 rejections in question and found:
              5 appeals, 2 rejected without comments and 3 rejected with comments
              1 rejection with a screener remark.

Why don't you tell the whole story?

Comment

Wow thanks for posting all that Gerardo!!!!!

It irkes me that each time someone has something to say that a screener or some jp staff have done wrong someone like in this case tries to oust and demote the original poster. Funny about that hey!

Actually I did a reedit of the delta and rejection reasons were questionable hence why i asked on here So this isnt an appeal again.

Enough said really- I think this topic should be closed before it gets anywhere further

Comment

It seems, that there is a misunderstanding somewhere.

Would love some answers/feeback to a problem
                  You asked for feedback, you got feedback. For the life of me I can't understand your reaction in your last post.

Then, you write: "each time someone has something to say that a screener or some jp staff have done wrong "
                  We explain why it has been that way thinking, "it was not wrong"

Next I added some facts, which I need to get the full picture. I'm sorry, if these facts don't fully correspond with your claims here.

Actually I did a reedit of the delta and rejection reasons were questionable hence why i asked on here So this isnt an appeal again.
                  Pardon me, but .... Which question? I only see accusations in your first mail. Please tell me, where I missed your question.

Comment

Ok Gerard.

putting aside what I said about original poster part because I dont feel like getting into it, I just asked for some feedback about what was a genuine question and if you please read my original post I said it in a very kind, warm manner.

I didnt say hey Gerard tell me why you havent given me comments, that screener should be stood down. No...

Re Delta- yes I did a re-edit and i appealed only for it to be rejected within almost 2 mins with no explanation. That is what I am asking for feedback about

Comment

Trend ???

It was a fair thread until you said this :

"that screener should be stood down. No..." were you thinking it ? hmmm

Yep then my opinion completely changed ... ok then Matt .. can you show us these pictures so we can ALL comment ?

I personally think you have gone way over board with this ... every one else who gets pictures appealed respects the final say , why cant you ?

We are here to add pictures to the site ... but only if they meet the criteria , obviously yours didnt this time . Lets move on .
                      Last edited by Virgin777; 2009-06-13, 08:39.

Comment

Tony,

if you re read it (it was written pretty clearly) you would see i said that i DIDNT say in my original post the screener should be stood down.

I NEVER said that, I said that I did not say anything as crude or harsh as that and thats why i shouldnt have been met with contempt and you just totally turned it around.

I dont wish to discuss this topic anymore being for the fact that nothing will get achieved.

leave it at this and would be wise for mods to end thread here.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by matt loewy View Post
                          Tony,

if you re read it (it was written pretty clearly) you would see i said that i DIDNT say in my original post the screener should be stood down.

I NEVER said that, I said that I did not say anything as crude or harsh as that and thats why i shouldnt have been met with contempt and you just totally turned it around.

I dont wish to discuss this topic anymore being for the fact that nothing will get achieved.

leave it at this and would be wise for mods to end thread here.

Cheers
                          Yes Matt , we are getting nowhere ... no pics to judge or help you with , so are we wasting our time .. yes we are ! honestly if you were to have posted the pics..then something WOULD be acheived ... we could have helped you ... but alas its not going to happen .

If you re-read my post ... youd see "were you thinking it ? hmmm"
                          again .. its clear enough

You can take pics ... very nice pics , so you look to know what you are doing .. its just confusing how you came on with this .

Never mind ... good luck with your other uploads Matt.

cheers

Comment

Matt as I said the answer is rather simple..the original rejection reason(s) were valid and no further comment was needed.

If you want further clarification on a rejection we have a thread dedicated to that, where many screeners give rather detailed explanations and examples of how to correct the photo. Your not going to get an answer here saying we are going to leave you a comment on all rejected appeals. There is no need to do that in all cases and its not going to happen.

btw not leaving a comment has nothing to do with a large que...as i stated if the original rejection reason is valid then no further explanation is needed.

Just another point a bit off topic..when you leave an appeal reason being rude and snarky isn't going to go far in making your case why the shot should be accepted. An appeal message should be simple and to the point using clear examples of why the rejection isn't sound. Leaving a comment like "Sorry no your wrong" or "WHAT???????????" or "NO!!!!!!!!!" doesn't tell me why the shot should be accepted on appeal.

Comment

Originally posted by matt loewy View Post
                              Maybe someone thinks different?
                              It must seem like EVERYONE thinks different to you, eh Matt?

Comment

Working...
                              X