Tiff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tiff

I was browsing through some old photos today and stumbled across a few photos which were in a Tiff file format (converted them using photoshop from jpeg). I was very shocked at the quality of the photos considering its a fuji S5600 and I usually don't get shots like that when anything aviation related.
    What I was wondering is it possible to convert from jpeg to tiff, edit, then convert back to jpeg without the loss of quality from the tiff in order to upload?

Thanks

Originally posted by iranair777 View Post
    I was browsing through some old photos today and stumbled across a few photos which were in a Tiff file format (converted them using photoshop from jpeg). I was very shocked at the quality of the photos considering its a fuji S5600 and I usually don't get shots like that when anything aviation related.
    What I was wondering is it possible to convert from jpeg to tiff, edit, then convert back to jpeg without the loss of quality from the tiff in order to upload?

Thanks
    I'm afraid not. JPEG uses compression. Which means that each time you save a file as JPEG, some image information is lost and the picture will get worse. So:

JPEG ->> TIFF no image info lost
    TIFF ->> JPEG some image info is lost.

You will get the highest image quality if you set your camera to RAW mode or to the highest JPG resolution possible if you do not have RAW on your camera.

Then edit the picture in RAW format and save the file only at the very last moment to JPEG format. When you save the image to JPEG in PS, use the best quality possible.

Roel.

Comment

some older digital cameras didn't save files as RAW in its highest quality settings, but as TIFF. So, my suggestion would be to copy this TIFF, edit it and at the very end convert to JPG. As long as you are editing your TIFF file, you can save it as much as you want without lossing any details at all.
      My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Working...
      X