How to judge for dust spot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to judge for dust spot

Recently I got a lot of rejection on Dust Spot.
    Before uploading, I check everyone to sure to correct any issues. Because we can not clear the CCD perfectly, dustless, I have to remove the duct spot as one of steps before the uploading. However, my principle is to repair the image to invisible in normal display condition because I would like to keep original as possible.
    Could you let me know how to judge the balance? I mean, how to make sure the photo is clear enough to upload?

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=2553538[/URL][/COLOR][/U]

1. upper left
    2. upper left
    3. upper left, slightly visible only
    4. upper left and a strange pattern in the sky
    5. see 4
    6. see 4
    7. upper left, but it looks like something went wrong when you removed the spot

I localize spots using the equalize funtion. then I switch back to normal view and scroll the pic, if I can see it then, it is cloned out. I find it easier to see spot when I scroll the pic. (or to be correct, I do find them faster that way)

Comment

Originally posted by seahawk View Post
      1. upper left
      2. upper left
      3. upper left, slightly visible only
      4. upper left and a strange pattern in the sky
      5. see 4
      6. see 4
      7. upper left, but it looks like something went wrong when you removed the spot

I localize spots using the equalize funtion. then I switch back to normal view and scroll the pic, if I can see it then, it is cloned out. I find it easier to see spot when I scroll the pic. (or to be correct, I do find them faster that way)
      my issue is, when I return into the normal desplay, I can not see the dust. Thus make me very diffcult to clone and repair the spot.

Comment

I can see them on my TFT. If often helps to create an adjustment layer and crank up the contrast, then remove the spots in the original layer and then delete the adjustment layer.

Or duplicate the original layer, equalize the copy and turn it off and on as needed.

Comment

thanks for your tips. Usually I use Nikon NX first and then with ACDSee to double check. Both of them are hardly find out dust spot in they are invisble in normal conditions. I will try more witht PS tool.

Comment

I checked but found my PS do not work now. I usually use Nikon NX but the tool is hardly to check dust spot which is invisible in normal conditions. I will contact the computer agent to check my PS tool. Before done, I have to use the existing NX and ACDSee to do my best to avoid the invisible dust spot.
            In my next spotting, I will make the Dust Reference one which NX can auto clear the possible dust spot. I hope that works.
            My display is LG L226WTQ, but it does not display the dust spots which rejected.

Comment

To Screeners:
              Sir: I have done my best to remove dust spot with Nikon NX plus remove dust reference image and make sure my display is not shown anything about that.
              But if you can see, please reject my uploading ones.
              And I try to clean the CMOS but it is hard to clean up to remove every dust. In normal purpose such as travel photos, I can not see the spots but for uploading quality, I can not remove every one on CMOS.

Comment

I'm not familiar with ACDsee. Do you have any way to perform what Photoshop calls "Equalise" ?

This produces a high contrast image that shows up the dust spots.
                If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Shimin,
                  I also use ACDC but, ONLY to vieuw my pics!
                  I don't think ACDC is suitable for editing to get "high" quality pics at all.
                  == Considering the standards our screeners have, I would say you NEVER reach it with ACDC! ==
                  Therefore you have to use an other program and there are some really good ones (I myself are using Silkypix 3.0).
                  Locating dust spots however I allways do this with Elements(5) using the equalising function. Normaly you find them all and removing is easy".

Regards.

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
                    I'm not familiar with ACDsee. Do you have any way to perform what Photoshop calls "Equalise" ?

This produces a high contrast image that shows up the dust spots.
                    I use Nikon NX to check first the image which is RAW format,such as with curve function to change the contrast to find out any spot. Now plus taken dust reference image.
                    If found, Nikon NX is very easy to repair it. and then I use ACDSee to double check the jpg format, ACDSee is faster than Nikon NX in jpg. Also again I use ACDSee curve tool to change the contrast again.
                    When both tools have not see any spot, and back to the normal conditions, my screens, both my office and home, one DEll and one LG, are unable to see any dust spot. Thus I believe that is clean enough and then upload it.
                    I can not find out Equalise tool like PS software. My computer has a problem to run my PS software and may be over time.
                    any one knows how to use Nikon NX to find the dust spot, please share your advice, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by J.Louwen View Post
                      Shimin,
                      I also use ACDC but, ONLY to vieuw my pics!
                      I don't think ACDC is suitable for editing to get "high" quality pics at all.
                      == Considering the standards our screeners have, I would say you NEVER reach it with ACDC! ==
                      Therefore you have to use an other program and there are some really good ones (I myself are using Silkypix 3.0).
                      Locating dust spots however I allways do this with Elements(5) using the equalising function. Normaly you find them all and removing is easy".

Regards.
                      thanks for your advice! I use ACDSee to fast double check before uploading. My PS software was installed several years ago and now it is out of work because my computer changes a lot, and camera changed, too. My computer is old one thus it can not offer to run bigger and more preofessonal tool. However, the key is my computer screen can not see any dust after processed while screener can see it in normal conditions,
                      my plan is to check some my rejections when I visit my friend who has a professional EIZO display. Thus I hope to lock my issue.

Comment

Shimin,
                        Nice to see someone who is working hard to find a solution to their problem. When you do find the solution please share it with us here.
                        If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Thanks for your understanding, brian999 and other friends here. when I had it, I will share it here!

Comment

You may want to investigate the GIMP + UFRAW. It does not consume a huge amount of resources, is free and does the job nicely. All my later pictures are processed with this combo. And the GIMP does include the equalize function (and layers and....). For sharpening I use the refocus plugin. A very easy and powerful way to sharpen your pictures.
                            http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=21893

Comment

Working...
                            X