Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horizon unlevel?

Hi

I get this rejection for wrong categories (OK, my mistake) but also a reject for "Horizon Unlevel", why? itīs a fisheye lens!! i canīt find any references to level the foto!

Regards

Sebastian

it needs about 1.2 CCW rotation.

Regards
    Alex

Comment

1.2 CCW?
      ONE point TWO COUNTERCLOCKWISE?
      Guys, IMHO, you're splitting hairs here...
      But who am I, what do I know? Never posted an aircraft pix, never will, doen't have the equip. and time to do it.
      Just a fan but hey, don't you post pictures for guys like me to look at them?
      BTW, SebasFB, I LOVE your picture!

(There, I've been holding this comment for a while, now is the time!)

Comment

I would suggest to use the curtains in the front of the cabin as a reference-point.

Comment

No the curtains are not perfectly straight. I do not see how this picture could be judged unlevel.

Comment

Originally posted by ZilogMan View Post
            1.2 CCW?
            ONE point TWO COUNTERCLOCKWISE?
            Guys, IMHO, you're splitting hairs here...
            Erm... splitting hairs? 1,2° ccw is quite a lot in the world of photoshop, that other blue site once rejected pictures that were off by less than 0,1 degrees... Just from looking at it you get the impression that it leans terribly to the right.

Comment

One tenth of a degree? That's ridiculous but, again, just an opinion.

To the screeners: you are doing a wonderful and difficult job here (on top
              of that, for free), but please, back off a few feet from your monitor and
              try to enjoy - thanks, and have a nice day

Comment

Look what happen with 1.2 CCW, now IMHO itīs unlevel to the left!!! a big problem with fisheye lens.

The safest and most inclusive global community of photography enthusiasts. The best place for inspiration, connection, and sharing!

Regards

Sebastian

Comment

Originally posted by SebasFB View Post
                  Look what happen with 1.2 CCW, now IMHO itīs unlevel to the left!!! a big problem with fisheye lens.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/zondar/3678737802/sizes/o/
                  This actually looks level to me. I suggest you upload it leaving a message to the screeners saying that you followed Alex's advice rotating it 1.2° CCW. Make sure to check both cabin and night shot categories.

Comment

Originally posted by SebasFB View Post

The safest and most inclusive global community of photography enthusiasts. The best place for inspiration, connection, and sharing!

Regards

Sebastian
                    Looks level to me now.

Comment

OK, reuploaded, with the comment of the CCW for the screener.

I like more the previous version but i respect your opinions.

Thanks to all

Regards

Sebastian

Comment

Working...
                      X