- Part of aircraft cut off - Bad motive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• - Part of aircraft cut off - Bad motive

The attached photo was rejected. Reasons: -Part of the aircraft cut off - Bad motive. I appealed and wrote that the pilot was the motive.
    My appeal was also rejected. Reason: Admin Comments >> Main motive is the pilot, which we don\'t accept. We are looking for photos of aircraft, not people at work.

And what about the photos on JP of waving pilots, cockpitwindows cleaning people, stewards at work, de-icing men, etc, etc.

This photo was accepted: Photo ID: 6594549

In other words what are the rules????

Paul,

You say that the pilot is the motive.
    1. As has been said, having a person as the motive is not what JP is about. In your case the pilot is even looking away from the camera.

[photoid=6594549]
    2.This picture shows the front half of the aircraft with the smoke from the startup. As such it is more aircraft orientated....and at least the pilot is visible.
    Last edited by brianw999; 2009-07-05, 09:30.
    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Stam View Post
      And what about the photos on JP of waving pilots, cockpitwindows cleaning people, stewards at work, de-icing men, etc, etc.
      Ok Brian, Thank you for your answer, but what about the second part of my question?

Comment

Still got no answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Stam View Post
          Still got no answer.
          Why don't you try the 'reject' thread above which has been specially set up for questions such as yours, rather than start a whole new thread?

Comment

Why should I???

This forum is meant to ask questions.

Comment

With such pictures there is something "happening" in the image. Your shot unfortunately has the pilot looking away and is cropped so tightly that it has become a picture of "a person who looks like he's sitting in an aeroplane"
              If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

rules:

1. there must be an indication that the person knows that a photo is taken (a wave counts)
                2. if that is not the case the crop must work without the person

In your case the crop it to wide for a shot of the cockpit and the pilot and too narrow for a shot of the plane.

Comment

Brian and Stefan, thank you for your replies.

Brian, now I understand what you mean.

Comment

Working...
                  X