Unlevel. But where is the vertical?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unlevel. But where is the vertical?

I tried using the centre post of the bridge as vertical. The left support angles in at the top so it is out. The bridge is an uphill taxiway. The poles in the back all seem to bend in different directions.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Dave Brook
    Cambridge, Ontario

The bridge itself anyway? How does that look?

Comment

I'd say it needs a slight shift CCW - judging by the uprights on the bridge and the square building in the background.

Comment

To me the very obvious vertical is the bridge support right in the middle of the frame, which is leaning slightly to the right so it needs clockwise rotation, not counter-clockwise. If you use that as the vertical and level to it, it should be fine.

Paul
        Seeing the world with a 3:2 aspect ratio...

My images on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by PMN View Post
          To me the very obvious vertical is the bridge support right in the middle of the frame, which is leaning slightly to the right so it needs clockwise rotation, not counter-clockwise. If you use that as the vertical and level to it, it should be fine.

Paul
          Sorry Paul, but I have to disagree. I checked it 5 times and 5 times came up with 0.5 CCW.
          If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Thanks for the replies. It's in the screener queue for the last time. I thought it gave a neat perspective of size.

Cheers

Dave Brook
            Cambridge, Ontario

Comment

Mission accomplished.

Thanks

Some perspective on the size of the A380 tail. Would you drive under the bridge with THAT on it?. A6-EDB. Airbus A380-861. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Dave Brook
              Cambridge, Ontario

Comment

Working...
              X