Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member here

Hi all,

New guy here but I am perplexed with a problem. I cannot get my account verified to up load pictures.

Hoping someone here can assist me with this problem since I have sent messages to addmin to help and receiving zero answers.

Thanks in advance

Well, its only $15. They got the money and I have no response from the web admin. Gonna have to move on.

Comment

Please tell me you're not actually that impatient? This isn't a joke site that takes money and runs, but the people who are responsible for it have lives and don't spend 24 hours a day on the forums. Just sit tight and someone will call by at some point who can explain things and sort your problem out.

When did you register? If I remember rightly accounts can take up to 24 hours to activate.

Paul
      Seeing the world with a 3:2 aspect ratio...

My images on Flickr

Comment

Hey, First of all welcome to the community.

I am still trying to figure out what your main concern is. Is it that you are not able to upload anything or you are not being recognized as a JPElite member on the site?

Most of the site admins are outside the US so it might take some time for them to respond.

regards,
        Saurabh

Comment

citjet Junior Member

Just under 24hrs for it to be ratified !

Welcome to the site.
          If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by PMN View Post
            Please tell me you're not actually that impatient? This isn't a joke site that takes money and runs, but the people who are responsible for it have lives and don't spend 24 hours a day on the forums. Just sit tight and someone will call by at some point who can explain things and sort your problem out.

When did you register? If I remember rightly accounts can take up to 24 hours to activate.

Paul
            To answer your question on my impatience....a week ago.

Comment

Maybe I am confused on the matter. Do you have to be an Elite Member to upload? If thats the case then I need to change my membership.

I know my original post was followed up again by me, but I have tried to contact people several times during the course of several days without response. That is why Im complaining.

I need to get back to my Aviation Job that Ive been doing for 17yrs now..back later. Oh, the Thunderbirds will be here in Portland Oregon tomorrow. Be taking lots of pictures for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by citjet View Post
                Maybe I am confused on the matter. Do you have to be an Elite Member to upload?
                Not at all. You can upload even as a non-paying member. Elite members have expanded upload slots. I believe regular members can have 5 shots in the queue at once (depending on accept/reject ratio).

Comment

Originally posted by saupatel View Post
                  I believe regular members can have 5 shots in the queue at once (depending on accept/reject ratio).
                  I think it is a maximum of 20 shots in the queue for regular members minus rejections over the previous 2 weeks but with a max daily upload of 10 shots.At least that is the way it pans out for me

Comment

Im just trying to upload and find that the link or page to do so is not provided where ever I look. All I get is that my account has yet to be 'verified'.
                    Im not an unreasonable person by any means, but 5 emails without response is dissapointing. Just dont know what else to say..
                    Oh well.

Comment

Im not an unreasonable person by any means, but 5 emails without response is dissapointing. Just dont know what else to say..
                      Oh well.
                      To be honest, you left it a mere 3 hours 21 minutes from your initial post before you made your 'they've taken my money, time to move on' comment. I do actually consider that to be really quite unreasonable. I think your sarcasm in post 7 was quite offhand, too.

Paul
                      Last edited by PMN; 2009-08-28, 09:07.

My images on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by PMN View Post
                        To be honest, you left it a mere 3 hours 21 minutes from your initial post before you made your 'they've taken my money, time to move on' comment. I do actually consider that to be really quite unreasonable. I think your sarcasm in post 7 was quite offhand, too.

Paul
                        You missed the added info: over a weeks time without answers.

Look, Im frustrated and feel like Im not wanted and am moving on. Its that simple. I just wanted to participate in a hobby I have enjoyed for years and share it with others.
                        A dispute has been filed with Paypal for a refund and Im moving on. I wish there was a way to straigten out my account status but thats obviously not happening.
                        So with that, have a great day all or evening in the GMT zone.

Comment

You missed the added info: over a weeks time without answers.

Look, Im frustrated and feel like Im not wanted and am moving on. Its that simple. I just wanted to participate in a hobby I have enjoyed for years and share it with others.
                          A dispute has been filed with Paypal for a refund and Im moving on. I wish there was a way to straigten out my account status but thats obviously not happening.
                          So with that, have a great day all or evening in the GMT zone.
                          I guess if you feel that way then you feel that way.

You have a great day or evening, too.

Paul

My images on Flickr

Comment

Paul, I dont want to sound bad but I feel the way you trated a new member was wrong, I thought It was meant to be a friendly site, and everyone bar you have been. He came to the forum with a problem and he had been paitent. Yes the JP crew do have a lot of work to do but im sure they can read the e-mails to the admin. I just feel it was harsh to wade in like you did.

Thanks
                            Ben Leonard

Comment

Originally posted by leonard320 View Post
                              Paul, I dont want to sound bad but I feel the way you trated a new member was wrong, I thought It was meant to be a friendly site, and everyone bar you have been. He came to the forum with a problem and he had been paitent. Yes the JP crew do have a lot of work to do but im sure they can read the e-mails to the admin. I just feel it was harsh to wade in like you did.

Thanks
                              Ben Leonard
                              Ben (and Citjet), my apologies if I came across that way. That was in no way my intention. I do feel, however, there are certain ways of going about dealing with problems and showing them in public in this manner is very much not the way to do it, hence me replying in the tone I did.

My apologies for any offence caused, but my original point still stands.

Paul

My images on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                              X