Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cloning Lamposts

Guys,
    I have a photo here with the tops of some lamposts which dont add anything to the photo and detract from it to be honest would it be acceptable to clone the lamposts out not?
    Thanks Ryan

If we see cloning it will be rejected for manipulation.

Comment

Originally posted by seahawk View Post
      Thanks Stefan won't clone them out of this shot, there just all over the plane and all at a different angle which makes the picture feel unlevel even though it isnt.
      Thanks
      Ryan

Comment

I would say you could also be shot.To my knowledge only dust spots,dust spots...oh and birds that look like dust spots

Comment

You usally do not see a cloned out dust spot.

Comment

And if you do it usually looks terrible!

I'm a huge believer that you need to shoot it right in the first place rather than resort to the powers of Photoshop afterwards in cases like this, and certainly with aviation photography. If you see lamp posts that are distracting when you shoot, move somewhere else!

Paul
            Seeing the world with a 3:2 aspect ratio...

My images on Flickr

Comment

Paul,

Ok, I know that the OP hasn't stated where the shot was but I have seen it and was with him at the time.

Originally posted by PMN View Post

I'm a huge believer that you need to shoot it right in the first place rather than resort to the powers of Photoshop afterwards in cases like this, and certainly with aviation photography. If you see lamp posts that are distracting when you shoot, move somewhere else!

Paul
              I don't know if you have been to DUB but there is NO escape from them. There is only one good vantage point and that is on the far side of the airport.

Thanks

Ben Leonard

Comment

Originally posted by leonard320 View Post
                ........ I don't know if you have been to DUB but there is NO escape from them. There is only one good vantage point and that is on the far side of the airport. .......Ben Leonard
                It would seem that you don't have a lot of choice at DUB. Even Heathrow has its places where lamp posts are a pain. We just have to work around it.
                If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by PMN View Post
                  And if you do it usually looks terrible!

Paul
                  I agree get it as decent as possible out of camera however cameras dont have an inbuilt feature to stop lamposts.

As for moving somewhere else a 3 mile walk usually isn't practical in and airport and country youve never being in before.

Enough said on this topic I can see it's going to far in the way only a topic Paul puts his views into does.

I would appreciate it being locked.
                  Thanks
                  Ryan

Comment

I've once or twice cloned out a dust spot and never noticed the difference between cloning and healing for it. Is it not advised?

Originally posted by leonard320 View Post
                    I don't know if you have been to DUB but there is NO escape from them. There is only one good vantage point and that is on the far side of the airport.

Thanks

Ben Leonard
                    I have been to Dublin many times. Is the small point you're talking about avoiding lamp posts one of the spotting 'mounds'? The ideal place for avoiding fence posts, etc, is the second mound, directly behind the red and white building, although you can only shoot before and after the building. Also the small hill along half of Runway 10 is ideal for spotting unless a cranky airport carpark employee grumpily tells you you're on private property when in reality, I don't think it is private property.

Originally posted by taylor.ryan View Post
                    Enough said on this topic I can see it's going to far in the way only a topic Paul puts his views into does.

I would appreciate it being locked.
                    Thanks
                    Ryan
                    Nothing wrong with Paul's input, grow up.

Dave
                    Last edited by Mr Chips; 2009-09-02, 14:39.

Comment

Dave,
                      Thanks for that I'll investigate when I go to Dublin again in the new year.
                      May I just advise you that whenever Paul says something it's either

Patronizing
                      Insulting
                      Derogatory

Or otherwise just very good for putting people down and telling us were wrong and he knows everything about everything and anything we say can't possibly be right. Which is fine on his site however here at JP a more friendly environment seems to be maintained by the good ladies and gentlemen that are in charge here.
                      Again before this goes to far can the thread be locked to maintain peace levels.
                      Thanks
                      Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by legoguy View Post
                        I've once or twiced cloned out a dust spot and never noticed the difference between cloning and healing for it. Is it not advised?
                        Dave
                        You can clone or heal the dust spots, I usually use cloning as well. I was just meaning to say, that dust spots are usually tiny compared to a lamp post, so it is very likely that one will see traces of the cloning to remove the lamp post, which would mean a rejection for manipulation.

Comment

Stefan could you clarify the confusion I see between answers 5 and 12...unless you mean when you say in reply 5 that "do not see a cloned out dust spot"you would not noticed it if it was well done or that it is just not normally done.

Comment

Originally posted by legoguy View Post
                            I've once or twice cloned out a dust spot and never noticed the difference between cloning and healing for it. Is it not advised?

I have been to Dublin many times. Is the small point you're talking about avoiding lamp posts one of the spotting 'mounds'? The ideal place for avoiding fence posts, etc, is the second mound, directly behind the red and white building, although you can only shoot before and after the building. Also the small hill along half of Runway 10 is ideal for spotting unless a cranky airport carpark employee grumpily tells you you're on private property when in reality, I don't think it is private property.

Nothing wrong with Paul's input, grow up.

Dave
                            Good reply Dave.I would add that in my opinion lamp posts are not a real issue at Dublin(Heathrow is far worse).Fence posts are a problem from the main 28 viewing mound.
                            As regards Paul`s input there is nothing wrong with it...but there can be elements of smugness in his replies(that is only my opinion)and if he is comfortable in it then fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Shanwick View Post
                              Stefan could you clarify the confusion I see between answers 5 and 12...unless you mean when you say in reply 5 that "do not see a cloned out dust spot"you would not noticed it if it was well done or that it is just not normally done.

As I said in Post No.2, if we see traces of cloning -> reject.

However you usually do see no traces of a cloned out dust spot.

Comment

Working...
                              X