Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What monitor is the best for editing?

Hi all,
    Sorry if this thread have been discussed before.
    I am currently editing in my laptop Dell Vostro 1400 and I realized the screen is getting dark yellowed after 2 years in service, it's not bright colorful anymore.
    I was supprised to see my image on crystal mirror of HP or Acer laptop, they look totally different, much brighter and colorful.
    Less screen quality results to bad editing and felling of our eyes. Do you have any suggestion of what monitor/screen type should I choose for 1024x768 and 1600x1200 editing?
    Is it convenience of using external CRT/LCD while keeping old laptop screen?
    Your advise is highly appreciated.
    Cheers,
    Viet

look for any respected make of monitor with a good contrast ratio, 750:1 or better and then get it calibrated. Remeber to set the colour space to sRGB for working on web images.

Comment

If you do a search, I'm pretty sure there is an extensive thread on this topic with some good suggestions.
      My Flickr Pictures! Click Me!

Comment

Originally posted by Flyingvietcolin View Post
        Hi all,
        Sorry if this thread have been discussed before.
        I am currently editing in my laptop Dell Vostro 1400 and I realized the screen is getting dark yellowed after 2 years in service, it's not bright colorful anymore.
        I was supprised to see my image on crystal mirror of HP or Acer laptop, they look totally different, much brighter and colorful.
        Less screen quality results to bad editing and felling of our eyes. Do you have any suggestion of what monitor/screen type should I choose for 1024x768 and 1600x1200 editing?
        Is it convenience of using external CRT/LCD while keeping old laptop screen?
        Your advise is highly appreciated.
        Cheers,
        Viet
        How much do you want to buy a new monitor?
        anyway ... here:
        http://forums.jetphotos.net/showthre...hlight=samsung

I love JP.net

Comment

Working...
        X