No announcement yet.

I'd like a little clarification please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd like a little clarification please.

Let's see here guys. I went out spotting with my mate to see OQD's revenue flight the other weekend, as things always go; the lighting got a bit challenging. Now here's what gets a bit dicey if you ask me.
    http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=6656895
    It's a nice photo, no question. Which before everyone gets angry at me for posting- I have full permission by the user to use to further my point. The thing is, literally fifteen minutes before I had this http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=2657715 done for the aforementioned and a failed appeal. Admin Comments >> correctly rejected
    To those of us outside the decision making process, my rejected photo is no darker or softer than Mr. Forwood's excellent example. I'd just like to know what is going on as this has been happening to me a fair bit lately.

Last edited by Powercube; 2009-09-05, 07:27.

Hi Bernie.

Unfortunately both your shot and Gareth's are borderline soft and dark. Gareth's fell on one side of the border, yours on the other. Yours is softer and this is very apparent when uploading at 1600 pixels.

I'm sure your shot will be lovely when those two items are fixed!

Comment

Just making sure AJ- Gareth and I were both a bit confused about the whole matter. How much brighter do you reckon I should make mine? I don't want to blow anything out so I humbly request a prod in the right direction. Cheers,

Bernie

Comment

Powercube,

I have put both photos in photoshop and both histograms and looking about right however I think the rejected photos is subjective definatly on sharpness wereby I think it's perfectly fine and I agree both photos are about the same sharpness level.

As for brightness I'm not to sure but I have attached how I'd be inclined to brighten the photo to show you the difference.

I will admit one of the most puzzling rejects I've seen for a while on here.

Hope That Helps
        Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by taylor.ryan View Post
          .........I think it's perfectly fine and I agree both photos are about the same sharpness level...........I will admit one of the most puzzling rejects I've seen for a while on here.
          I disagree with you.

Bernie, do you have my msn? You can always ask on there whenever you like. Although I haven't met you I have met Gareth so I'm glad to help.

Comment

Originally posted by taylor.ryan View Post

I will admit one of the most puzzling rejects I've seen for a while on here.
            Like AJ, I disagree. AJ gave a very well explanation of the situation. Both images are soft, Bernie's image is softer over a larger area than Gareth's. If I had screened them, I would have given them a similar judgment as my colleagues did.

cheers, Pamela

Comment

Working...
            X