Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uncentered?

sorry about bad english!

Many people said to me to use only the fuselage to center an aircraft in a shot like this, ok, I did it, but was rejected.

I used a ruler to confirm, the top of fuselage is 8,3cm from the edge of the photo and the bottom of the fuselage is 8,3cm too (8,2cm near the main landing gear)

So... the aircraft is centered, or there is another way to center it?
    What I have to use as reference to center photos like that?

About the "Bad Info in the following field(s): Date", no comments... I know when a made this shot, and the EXIF don't let me lie...

Just by looking at this photo, without any rulers and so on, I instantly see an unbalanced photo, with far too much dead space below the aircraft. Some photographers think, centering the fuselage is the right way, but they forget the tail. Imagine, where the "center of gravity" (if that term exists in english ...) is and then center this point.

As a rule of thumbs we often suggest to center the area between wings and windows, at this angle I would even try to center the window line. Last but not least: make one step back and check the photo again.

regarding the date: you uploaded it twice with different dates. Some photogs try to avoid a similar rejection with such tricks, hence our reaction.
    My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post
      Just by looking at this photo, without any rulers and so on, I instantly see an unbalanced photo, with far too much dead space below the aircraft. Some photographers think, centering the fuselage is the right way, but they forget the tail. Imagine, where the "center of gravity" (if that term exists in english ...) is and then center this point.

As a rule of thumbs we often suggest to center the area between wings and windows, at this angle I would even try to center the window line. Last but not least: make one step back and check the photo again.

regarding the date: you uploaded it twice with different dates. Some photogs try to avoid a similar rejection with such tricks, hence our reaction.
      Ok, I will center de window line next time, thank you.
      Will this photo be reject too? http://www.jetphotos.net/viewqueued_b.php?id=2688297

But I uploaded this photo only one time, it was rejected and I made a appeal, and not a re-upload.

Comment

Originally posted by llpilch View Post
        Ok, I will center de window line next time, thank you.
        Will this photo be reject too? http://www.jetphotos.net/viewqueued_b.php?id=2688297

But I uploaded this photo only one time, it was rejected and I made a appeal, and not a re-upload.
        Its a shame about the first photo as its lovely!

Second one - Providing the date is correct, its got no problem.

Comment

Working...
        X