• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why? (Question for the JP crew)

Please read the issue:

Originally posted by ErezS View Post
    Dear screeners,
    This one was rejected for soft: http://www.jetphotos.net//viewreject_b.php?id=2686823

I'm just uploaded 2 another versions:
    http://www.jetphotos.net/viewqueued_b.php?id=2697111

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewqueued_b.php?id=2697113

Please let me know if I have any chance with one of those two another versions.

Thanks in advance & have a good weekend.
    Erez.
    & this is Florian's answer:
    Originally posted by boeingfreak View Post
    Erez, your first version is better, but the image is slightly blurry which makes it even more difficult to get the sharpening right, I'd say go with another picture of that biz-jet or leave it for your personal collection.
    It is very difficult for me to understand why after I asked the question and consulted about the 2 photos, one of your team decided to reject both of them after less than 3 hours in the queue. It was clear that I would erase one of them (or maybe both of them) after the answers I got.

The screener added a comment:
    Screener's Comments: pls select one of the photos and uplaod it, but do not use the queue as file storage.

These 2 unjustified rejections added 2 to the number of my rejected photos and it's totally unfair and unappropriate.

As I can see in these forums - it is popular that the members upload photos to the queue and asking questions and consulting with the screeners.

I seriously wonder - why would someone do a thing like this to me?

I am not a child, I really respect you and expect you will respect me too.

Please answer to me about this issue.

Kind regards,
    Erez.

The queue is there to upload photos with the aim of getting them into the db. The queue is not a file storage facility. Why do you upload two absolutely similar photos, where you can be 100% sure, that one of them will not make it?

The process is as follows:
    1) upload the photos to a free file storage (flickr, ...) or using the forum's picture upload feature
    2) once you made your decision, upload the photo of desire to the queue.

These 2 unjustified rejections added 2 to the number of my rejected photos and it's totally unfair and unappropriate.
    Are you sure? Do you really think, two such similar photos would have been accepted. The answer is: with these two photos, you faced a minimal rejection rate of 50%.
    My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post
      The queue is there to upload photos with the aim of getting them into the db. The queue is not a file storage facility. Why do you upload two absolutely similar photos, where you can be 100% sure, that one of them will not make it?

The process is as follows:
      1) upload the photos to a free file storage (flickr, ...) or using the forum's picture upload feature
      2) once you made your decision, upload the photo of desire to the queue.

Are you sure? Do you really think, two such similar photos would have been accepted. The answer is: with these two photos, you faced a minimal rejection rate of 50%.
      Gerardo,
      As I wrote in the post:
      As I can see in these forums - it is popular that the members upload photos to the queue and asking questions and consulting with the screeners.
      Please check now in this porum & see it very clearly!
      again: it is popular that the members upload photos to the queue and asking questions and consulting with the screeners & also it was clear that I would erase one of them (or maybe both of them) after the answers I got.

Yes Gerardo, I'm very sure !
      In my opinion these two rejections after less than 3 hours in the queue it's totally unfair & unjustified.

Kind redards,
      Erez.

Comment

Yes, it is popular, despite having mentioned more than once not to do it, first mentioned 3 years ago ...
        Originally posted by BA747-436 View Post
        The idea is to ask before you put them in the queue.
        last mentioned a few months ago.

Once the photos are in the queue, we will screen them. You have no right in telling us, when we are allowed to screen your photos. Some photos are pre-screened in obvious cases, as for example:
        - hot photos
        - attempts to cheat the system (ex: adding wrong regs and upload more than 2 of the same reg)
        - obvious errors (doubles, completely wrong infos, too similars, ...)

Nowhere are you asked to upload photos into the queue and use the queue as temporary file storage.

Comment

Yes, it is popular, despite having mentioned more than once not to do it, first mentioned 3 years ago ...

last mentioned a few months ago.

Once the photos are in the queue, we will screen them. You have no right in telling us, when we are allowed to screen your photos. Some photos are pre-screened in obvious cases, as for example:
          - hot photos
          - attempts to cheat the system (ex: adding wrong regs and upload more than 2 of the same reg)
          - obvious errors (doubles, completely wrong infos, too similars, ...)

Nowhere are you asked to upload photos into the queue and use the queue as temporary file storage.
          Dear Gerardo ( & all other JP crew as well ! )

Yes Gerardo, you are right.
          I did not mention in any way that I have uploaded the photos only for a temporary file storage.
          Why did you think I needed to mention it, when I constantly see in the forum questions of other spotters who have uploaded the photos in the queue and they have asked to get your advice regarding those photos?

When there is a big queue, who could think that you check these photos after two hours & 30 minutes later? ...

My feeling is that the pohotos where checked and rejected immediately after you have seen the question in the forum with the links to the queue.

BTW, I just reupload one oh these photos & hope that it's accept now & make my happy...
          http://www.jetphotos.net/viewqueued_b.php?id=2702261

Kind regards,
          Erez.
          Last edited by Guest; 2009-09-29, 08:56.

Comment

My feeling is that the pohotos where checked and rejected immediately after you have seen the question in the forum with the links to the queue.
            Of course they have been checked. You asked us to have a look at them ...

Comment

Of course they have been checked. You asked us to have a look at them ...
              Yes Gerardo, I asked for a quick look (like the other spotters) but not for a quick screening & rejected...
              BTW, I asked now for a quick screening (& Of course for a quickly accept...) for the last reuploaded...
              http://www.jetphotos.net/viewqueued_b.php?id=2702261

Comment

you both need to go out , get a beer and just relax

Comment

Originally posted by saupatel View Post
                  you both need to go out , get a beer and just relax
                  He He He... I'm not need a beer. I'm very relax & need only to fair play !
                  Have a nice weekend.

Comment

Working...
                  X