I thought this picture was interesting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought this picture was interesting

It was rejected for "bad motive" I do not understand what this means.

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

That's not really a photograph, it's sort of a snapshot, if you know what I mean.
    "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

I think its something to do with the pilots faces being there not sure.

Click Here to view my pathetic attempts at Aviation photography!
      View the Darkside

Comment

Yeah ditto Tanujs comments. More people than plane.
        Try to catch me flyin dirty...

Comment

I like the shot, even with both pilots it is nice and interesting. But if you re-upload, level it (the glaresheild is completely off) and sharpen it more.

But I like to see the pilots personally.

-Clovis

Comment

I now understand

It was rejected because the pilots are identifiable and the controls are excluded by the guys that fly this great machine.

I took this picture after landing in New York after flying on Concorde for the first and last time. I had a few seconds to take this picture and I am pleased with the results under the circumstances.

I think this picture is more interesting than just looking at a Cockpit.

Yes I could spend some time with photoshop.

Thanks for your comments, But its just a snap! please get a life. After looking at yours I needed a sleep!

Comment

Re: I now understand

Originally posted by speedbird2003
              It was rejected because the pilots are identifiable and the controls are excluded by the guys that fly this great machine.

I took this picture after landing in New York after flying on Concorde for the first and last time. I had a few seconds to take this picture and I am pleased with the results under the circumstances.

I think this picture is more interesting than just looking at a Cockpit.

Yes I could spend some time with photoshop.

Thanks for your comments, But its just a snap! please get a life. After looking at yours I needed a sleep!
              Yeah, that shows maturity. When you ask why a picture wasn't accepted and get an answer you go and insult someone elses photos. Grow up.

Comment

Ok newb, what's up with the big-showiness?

I never said it was a bad picture. All I said was that it was sort of a snapshot. That means, if you take a picture of your family at the beach, with a plane in the background, it's like a snapshot, but if you zoom in on the plane, then it becomes a photograph.

I'm NOT saying you can't take "photographs" of people. But those are taken in a completely different way.

I don't know if you understand the difference between a "snapshot" and a "photograph", but then I don't know very much about you! :P

After looking at yours I needed a sleep
                And with comments such as these, you're guaranteed to go a long way on these forums. :P

Actually I'm sort of pleased to hear that my photos have the calm, tranquil effect I wish to elicit from my viewers...

Tanuj.
                "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

Comment

I really liked this one of my son telling us how loud this plane is and I got a message foreground clutter. Like I said.... I really like this shot, and do not call my little munchkin clutter!

I would think this was good enough....

Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

I really liked this one of my son telling us how loud this plane is and I got a message foreground clutter. Like I said.... I really like this shot, and do not call my little munchkin clutter!
                    lol...

Comment

A bumper sticker my son made for my car

JOKE.... Around here, lately it needs to be said!

Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Sorry

I am sorry that I lost it over the word Snap, to me snap means pick up your camera and press the button without any thought or planning. This shot was premeditated. Looking around the forum there a loads of technically perfect photos, but a lot of them to not convey any of the excitement. I think the picture above with little boy adds the dimesion of the tremedous noise that the plane is making and is a valid shot.

There are several pictures of the concord cockpit already adding the crew brings it to life for me.

Comment

I am going with T on this one. More of an informal snapshot, then a proper crew portrait. And I agree with Clovis, unless one of the main mounts has blown, that baby is way off level. That is what really kills it.

Comment

I like it myself. It has a nice journalist look and feel to it.

Arturo

Comment

Working...
                            X