Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rejection For Bad Color/Category

Can I get some help on this rejection.

It was rejected for bad color and category.

I don't see a color cast and when I use the remove color cast tool it does not change the color at all. But I will freely admit I have trouble seeing the casts unless they are obvious. Any color problems stick out?

For saturation I used +10 which I use on all my photos. It doesn't appear over saturated too my eye but obviosely I've missed something.

For category I just used the auto fill function. What am I missing?

Thanks

Pat

It looks very brown overall.

Special Scheme is required to be selected for this one.

Comment

I'm not sure I see the brown cast but how do you fix that?

I didn't even check if special scheme was selected, i assumed it would be done with the autofill as it's had this paint job for 6 years and the last 100+ photos in the database are with this paint scheme.

Pat

Comment

You have a problem with reds being elevated in the blacks. In Cameras not only is there a white balance, but a black balance. In your case instead of the black being neutral the reds are elevated. In PS you can adjust the balance in the blacks.

If you keep seeing this, it could point to a camera problem.

P.S. I just copied the pic into PS and adjusted the 'shadow' colour balance by removing the red component. It looked a lot better after that.
        Last edited by Billsville; 2009-10-11, 04:50.

Comment

Another way around this is to use the grey point tool on the main gear tyre sidewall closest to camera.
          Do this then hold down the ctrl key and press Z several times to switch between original and modified. This will clearly show the colour cast coming and going.
          You get a similar effect using the black point tool on the far side gear tyres....but they are in reality not pure black, just shaded so the effective adjustment will not be correct.
          The same can be said for white point setting. The brightest lit part of the nose could be said to be white....but how many white paints are actually PURE white ?
          Personally, I love the grey point tool and use it a great deal.
          If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Working...
          X