X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Centering reject

Hi all!
    I have a problem with my second "big killer" (after "contrast"): centering
    I have centered the airbus using the low-part of the windows line, as usual.
    This time I have taken a rejection, due to "center".
    How can I improve my picture?
    Thank you in advance, best regards
    Fabrizio Berni - Italy

Originally posted by thetiz View Post
    Hi all!
    I have a problem with my second "big killer" (after "contrast"): centering
    I have centered the airbus using the low-part of the windows line, as usual.
    This time I have taken a rejection, due to "center".
    How can I improve my picture?
    Thank you in advance, best regards
    Fabrizio Berni - Italy

Fabrizio,
    The aircraft is too low in the frame.
    The "below the window line" rule of thumb only works for side on shots where you are level with the aircraft. Your viewpoint is lower than that. You need an equal distance from centre to top of fuselage and centre to bottom of fuselage. In this case you need to centre just above the blue belly line.

For future reference, forget the window line rule. Imagine the fuselage as simply being a cylinder which needs to be centred horizontally through the middle.
    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

What Brian says is correct, you can not use the windows as a center-line in this image. I sometimes use an old fashioned ruler to measure if the a/c is centered. In your image there is 7 cm between the bottom of the fuselage and the bottom of the image, and 8,5 between the top edge of fuselage and top edge of image. To measure is to know, as we say is Dutch

cheers, Pamela

Comment

Make sure the space between the borders of the picture and the fuselage are all around the same space. In your photo there seems to be a bit more space above the fuselage than below which is why it's considered too low in the frame.

Comment

Copied, thank you all for your kind help!
          Fabrizio

Comment

Working...
          X