Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digital Manipulation??

All,
    I have had this photo rejected for the reason above and a couple of other reasons.

Would someone please explain what is manipulated about this image, as I found that a personal rejection reason and also very insulting.

Can someone also please advise were the jaggies are?

Contrast, when I did the edit the histogram touched both sides of the graph, so can I ask if I've missed something contrast wise?

I also can't see any more grain than on any other photo, again maybe I'm loosing my eys .

Any help appreciated, or possibly a new set retine for my eye lol.
    Thanks
    Ryan

Something between "over processed" and "something looks weird", for which we don't have a rejection reason.

You can best see it on the belly and the main landing gear as well as the doors of the main landing gear. It looks almost oversharpened, even more compared to the rest of the photo. That's all.
    My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Gerado,
      Thanks for that now I'lve looked at the image on highly contrasted school monitor I can understand why you say manipulation, I think what happen there If I remember rightly I used selective noise reduction on the belly of the photo, a technique for the recycle bin me thinks.

Can I ask, would someone be able to explain weather the contrast is lacking or excessive and I can then make the appropriate changes.

Thanks
      Ryan

Comment

I would say a bit too contrasty. The histogram shows the dark tones starting to climb up the left edge.
        First though, I think, sort out the sharpening.....and that grain removal tool into the bin !!
        Personally I don't use grain removal anymore. If I think an image has too much grain then I don't use it.
        If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Working...
        X