X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help about overexposed rejection?

Hello all JP.net members and crew,

I recently uploaded this photo, and it was rejected for overexposed:

I find it a bit hard to fix because the plane in the upper left hand corner is a lot brighter than the rest of the image.

Can someone help me with this problem?

Thanks in advance

Member coke
    Remember on your hardest days, that the airplanes always take off against the wind... afterwards, the skies are all yours.

This should be quite easy to fix. How much did you brighten it to get the edit that was rejected?

Paul
    Seeing the world with a 3:2 aspect ratio...

My images on Flickr

Comment

Can I suggest the photoshop raw convertor recovery tool it's very good and decreasing the intensity of clipped highlights.
      Ryan

Comment

Thank you both for responding. I did not brighten the image at all, that's the way that I took it. And, if I'm using the raw convertor recovery tool, where can I find that? What does its icon look like?

Thanks again
        Remember on your hardest days, that the airplanes always take off against the wind... afterwards, the skies are all yours.

Comment

Originally posted by taylor.ryan View Post
          Can I suggest the photoshop raw convertor recovery tool it's very good and decreasing the intensity of clipped highlights.
          Ryan
          It is indeed, but if the brightness has been pushed too far by editing in the first place then it's that step that needs to be changed. It's better to not create a problem in the first place rather than fix it afterwards.

Paul
          Seeing the world with a 3:2 aspect ratio...

My images on Flickr

Comment

Recovery is located on the first RAW convertor page i think its the forth option down it takes the form of a slider be careful not to overuse the tool or it will start to blow contrast.
            Ryan

Comment

Thanks to all of you for replying.

Here is another photo that was rejected for the same reason:

I edited it a bit before using the forum, and it should be attached with this post. Is there anything that I should do to improve it?

Thanks again

Comment

Coke,
                In the image you have edited the exposure is slgithly better however the image is now oversharpened the evidence is the jagged cheatlines. The window is also extremely overexposed. I would suggest re-editing from scratch and using recovery toold and not so intense sharpening.
                Ryan

Comment

Thank you for the help, Ryan. But I could not find the recovery tool on Photoshop. Is it in the sidebar with the other tools? Or do you go to image, then adjustments, or somewhere else?

Thanks again

Comment

In raw convertor it's for the fourth slider on the first icon.

Comment

Working...
                    X