Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Centering of Aircraft rejections

Hello All,
    Just wondering if centering of aircraft guidelines have changed at all.

I seem to have had two recent rejections for centring and I'm not sure how to fix them.

I have not had any centering rejections for some time.

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=2800739

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=2797845

Can anyone share the magic formula please.

Thank you for your time.

Nothing has changed in the past few years regarding centering. Both photos show far too much dead space below the aircraft. Nr 2 could work, if it would show the runway.
    My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

ok

Comment

Damien,

are you using 3:2 cropping and using the grid lines tool effectively?

I found I could minimize alot of the rejections (which were mainly centring) by using 3:2 and creating a grid with 7 horizontal lines with the middle one centred usually just below the aircraft window line or in the case of a380 in the middle roughly depending on the situation.

Hope that helps!

Comment

Haya Matt,
          Thank you for the tips.
          Gerado (LX-A343) was kind enough to also email me some tips that have now set me straight. So there should be no more "Centering issues".

My understanding for some unknown reason (I had thought i had read somewhere?) was that after you had centered left to right, the a/c window line had to pass through the actual center of frame, which is the method I had been using up to now but is obvously not the case..

Thus, the question regarding guidline changes.

Thanks again for your time.

Cheer Damien

ps: I meant to add this to Gerardo's posted reply above but i hit the wrong button after typing the OK bit only. I'm new to all this hi tech stuff..!! hehehe

Comment

Thanks Damien!
            Somehow I thought, there had to be a GOOD reason for that shortest post ever seen.
            My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Originally posted by damien0101 View Post
              ok

Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post
              Thanks Damien!
              Somehow I thought, there had to be a GOOD reason for that shortest post ever seen.
              ...... I have to get out more I find I'am been amused to easily of late.

Comment

Working...
              X