No announcement yet.

Manipulation or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have tried to stop myself saying anything here, but I feel I have to.
    The shot itself it impressive and well done. However I feel a little confused, as to why when the motives of this site, are for images to be as natural as possible and this has being accepted which is a number of images combined.

I like it and the photographer has done well, however I don't think this site is the right place for it.
    RT

Comment

The problem is, if we ba HDR photos here, how should we be able to prove, that a photo is HDR? No chance!
      My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

"It all depends on the eye of the beholder"

This debate just reinforces what I feel for a long time:
        When you upload an photo, you should hope for much luck, because all screener think and decide something else ...

Therefore we must pray for a lot of luck, and of course you also need good photos...

All the best !

Comment

Originally posted by Rtyrpics View Post
          I like it and the photographer has done well, however I don't think this site is the right place for it.
          I respect your opinion, although I (perhaps predictably) disagree. I think it would be a very sad thing to not accept images that are slightly different such as this one. As is always the case, we have to weigh up the good points against the bad, and while this image isn't perfect and the editing techniques used are questionable to some (although not to me as already explained), the positive points by far outweigh the negative ones, hence why I voted accept in the first place.

I'm still very, very glad to see this in the database.

Paul
          Seeing the world with a 3:2 aspect ratio...

My images on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by ErezS View Post
            This debate just reinforces what I feel for a long time:
            When you upload an photo, you should hope for much luck, because all screener think and decide something else ...

Therefore we must pray for a lot of luck, and of course you also need good photos...

All the best !
            And this will keep like that until photography becomes an exact science, where screeners can simply decide by numbers. Or perhaps you have the solution to all that? Sorry, but I sincerely doubt it.
            My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Not even that. If you try a more artistic edit, the chances are higher that the pic is rejected as you are more going into art, which is also a very subjective thing.

Just imagine the same pic as the one in the first post, but instead of the warbird, there would be a SW 737 in the blue colors. Would it work for you?
              Last edited by seahawk; 2010-02-10, 20:05.

Comment

Working...
              X