Horizon unlevel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horizon unlevel

These two photos were rejected: reason: horizon unlevel. I appealed both photos and this is what I get as answer:

Your appeal for photo id 2844964 has been processed and has been rejected.
    Admin Comments >> needs cw

When I edit those photos, I was afraid that horizon unlevel could be a reason for rejection, so I made several levels and this was the best. In real the platform is a little bit leaning to the left, so it gets rid of the rainwater.

The screener and the Administrator are both wrong. But what can I do about it? Rotating clockwise is not the real situation. But you can not appeal again.

Should I upload them again unchanged and hope for a screener that is familiar with the real situation at EHAM?

Your advice, please.

I didn't screen your photos, but I have to agree with the decisions made. In the full frontal one the buildings in the background seem to be leaning to the left. The side on one just looks very unlevel, even though there is no clear reference line.

I guess your best bet would be to follow the Admin's instructions and rotate the pics accordingly before reupload.

Comment

I know sometimes these leveling issues can wreck your mind
      In the case of these two Paul there is no question cw required.If your still in doubt open them up the next day and all will be revealed(that sometimes works for me).....I did say sometimes

Comment

Paul,

I'm at work and don't have photoshop available but might I suggest the following.....

For the head on shot run a level line through the centre of the engine spinners of the inboard engines.
        For the side on run a level line along the tyre contact patches from nosewheel, continuing through the main gears.

Both are definitely leaning to the left at the moment.
        If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Thank you for your remarks. I shall follow the advice of Brian.

Comment

Originally posted by Shanwick View Post
            If your still in doubt open them up the next day and all will be revealed(that sometimes works for me).....I did say sometimes
            ... and sometimes it takes longer to get sober? Or did I misunderstand anything here?
            My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post
              ... and sometimes it takes longer to get sober?
              ... And people wonder why it takes me a week to edit a days worth of photos!
              Seeing the world with a 3:2 aspect ratio...

My images on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post
                ... and sometimes it takes longer to get sober? Or did I misunderstand anything here?
                On mature reflection Gerardo I was refering to one been in a state of "compos mentis"but this may not always be the case so you may have half understood

Never edit when drunk
                Never ever screen when drunk

Comment

Working...
                X