Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screening Reasons...

Hi

I have general questions regarding the screening process as I feel sometime frustrated that after resubmitting my work it gets rejected for a new reason that suddenly appears...

- in my initial submission it gets rejected for being soft ! OK
    - in my second submission it gets rejected for backlit and horizental level

It's interesting to see that I mentioned on both submission that the front wheel for example are off the ground..on that push-pull car... kind of surprising...if you look at the control tower it's perpendicular to the ground

I know there are standards...but just wanted to see some consistency across the board. I didn't have much chance in the past to do some spotting and would like at least to submit my work.

Thanks for your consideration and your feedback

Best

Vadim
    Last edited by vk2109; 2010-02-03, 03:06. Reason: more details

Vadim,
    The first is indeed soft, however editing can often bring out more or different flaws in an already dodgy image.
    The second image is leaning to the left and needs CW roatation. The backlit reason coming from the blown out sky and dark moody aircraft which is lacking contrast. It looks like you have being shooting with the sun in your eyes, or at least if it was a sunny day. This will still create a weak backlit effect if the cloud is pale or think.
    I doubt the image will make the grade.
    Best Regards
    RT

Comment

HI RT

Thanks for your reply and those explanations...OK for the 1st one and the backlit condition...but for the unlevel issue I am still confused with those type of shots..if you look at the control tower it's perfectlt vertical ! and the fact that this plane has wheel off the the ground creates this effect...

Not sure what's the best thing to do with it for future similar case.. Thanks

Vadim

Originally posted by Rtyrpics View Post
      Vadim,
      The first is indeed soft, however editing can often bring out more or different flaws in an already dodgy image.
      The second image is leaning to the left and needs CW roatation. The backlit reason coming from the blown out sky and dark moody aircraft which is lacking contrast. It looks like you have being shooting with the sun in your eyes, or at least if it was a sunny day. This will still create a weak backlit effect if the cloud is pale or think.
      I doubt the image will make the grade.
      Best Regards
      RT

Comment

To level this image I would use the taxiway edge, infact I always use the taxiway edge as most airports are not flat and should be leveled to the make the 90 degrees to the runway/taxiway of whatever it is.
        RT

Comment

Working...
        X