Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• too much? too little contrast?

rejection for " too much or too little contrast"
    however, which one? too much, or too little?
    Please and thanks in advance.

In this case it's too little. If you take a quick peek at the histogram you can see there's hardly any information in the shadows; there's room to brighten it a little as well, so a bit more overall contrast should work nicely.

Hope that helps,

Paul
    Seeing the world with a 3:2 aspect ratio...

My images on Flickr

Comment

thank you,sir!

Comment

I hope its permitted to place my question in this thread, stops me from opening again a new thread with questions about contrast.

Without discussing the other rejection reasons ,which way should I go with the contrast part?

Thnxs in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by AdLob View Post
          I hope its permitted to place my question in this thread, stops me from opening again a new thread with questions about contrast.

Without discussing the other rejection reasons ,which way should I go with the contrast part?

Thnxs in advance.
          you are welcome, sir!
          I think your work is mostly for Reason:
          - Bad Composition (bad framing / aircraft not centered)
          and

- Part of aircraft cut off

if the first two issues are avoided, and some light reflection on the surface, IMO, you are not rejected by the reason
          - Too much or too little contrast

Comment

Originally posted by AdLob View Post

Thnxs in advance.
            You don't need to start a new topic, simply go here:
            Have a question about Photo Editing software (Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, etc.), improving your photos, etc.? Our crew of Photo Screeners is here to help you out!

The contrast in your photo is not bad per se, but borderline. I doubt, it would have been rejected for that alone. The contrast is a bit strong, with just a tad too much shadows and highlights. If you start from scratch, tweak the curves to have less clipped shadows and contrast. If you need assistance, post the original or a resized original somewhere. There are plenty of people willing to offer some help.

Gerardo
            My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Working...
            X