Photoshop save for web ratio help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photoshop save for web ratio help

I recently put PS7 on my new PC. I cannot remember where the setting is for saving a picture in a 4:3 ratio . Example,I change the width to 1024,it would change the height to 783
    or 800:600. I know its here somewhere. Thanks.
    http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1008

Don't know about PS7 but in CS3, when you select the crop tool the image size is displayed in the top bar. You can manually change the crop size here. For 4:3 ratio 1024px wide equates to 768px high.

3:2 ratio is 1024px x 683px.

Make sure you type px after the figures.

...and for anyone else reading this, especially those who have had crop ratio rejections, this is a good way to avoid such rejections by ensuring that your crop is set to a 4:3 or 3:2 ratio.

3:2 is the preferred ratio for most images as it cuts down on unnecessary dead space top and bottom of the image. I only ever use 4:3 ratio for tight crops of the front end of airliners, normally to make sure landing gear is not cut off. I can't think of a reason to use 4:3 with an airborne aircraft.
    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

I Have PS7

When I click on the crop tool an Aspect Ratio toolbar appears above the the pic. There you can put in the 4X3 or 3x2 and pixels/inches. PS7 remebers the last setting you used. I always use 3x2, however, I changed to 4x3 and closed and opened PS7 again.. It had remeber my last setting.

Cheers

Graham

Comment

Working...
      X