Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Color difference Photoshop vs. saved file

Hi guys,

I have this problem: there appears to be a color difference in my pictures when I edit them in Photoshop Elements 5.0 and the saved jpg-file.

See attachments:
    Screenshot = when in Photoshop
    G-EUUH = saved file

When in the Photoshop program, the photos seem 'warmer', whereas the saved file is 'cold'.

Does anybody know what causes this and how I can stop it?
    I edit in tif-format, save to jpg (quality 12, Baseline ('standard').

Regards,

Hinkelbein

It could be due to the different color spaces used. Check the color spaces in Photoshop. I use sRGB, when I work on a photo I plan to put online.
    My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post
      It could be due to the different color spaces used. Check the color spaces in Photoshop. I use sRGB, when I work on a photo I plan to put online.
      Both programs are set for sRGB ... but still the difference in color remains as soon as I save the edited tiff to jpg ... Somewhere in this conversion process must something go wrong ...

Anyone?

Comment

Okay, what colour space is your camera using?

That should be sRGB IEC61966 (IIRC those are numbers).. When you import into your photo program (let's say Camera Raw) make sure the import is set to the same colour space (instead of Adobe RGB for instance). Make sure the working space in Photoshop is also set to sRGB as above.

Now, when you export - export it with the Save For Web, and use the convert to sRGB option, and set it to use document profile, or windows no colour management. Those are the settings I generally use when I upload to a.net (the other site).

I see you are using PS Elements, so some of my advice might not translate that well. I'm only familiar with Photoshop Extended. (CS3/CS4).

Also - you are probably aware, your image in Photoshop has a pretty odd colour cast.

Comment

Originally posted by sst001 View Post
          Okay, what colour space is your camera using?

That should be sRGB IEC61966 (IIRC those are numbers).. When you import into your photo program (let's say Camera Raw) make sure the import is set to the same colour space (instead of Adobe RGB for instance). Make sure the working space in Photoshop is also set to sRGB as above.

Now, when you export - export it with the Save For Web, and use the convert to sRGB option, and set it to use document profile, or windows no colour management. Those are the settings I generally use when I upload to a.net (the other site).

I see you are using PS Elements, so some of my advice might not translate that well. I'm only familiar with Photoshop Extended. (CS3/CS4).

Also - you are probably aware, your image in Photoshop has a pretty odd colour cast.
          My cameras all use sRGB.

Obviously, you like the 'colder' image better than the 'warmer' one?

Comment

Sorry for the very slow (and probably useless) reply, the cooler version looks a bit better, but I had something more in line with this in mind. See my attachment.

That was based on your cooler image.

Comment

Working...
            X