Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No worries Fred.

Comment

Possibly a little reminder to uploaders and appealers is needed here. Fred's issue has been amicably settled but we all need to remember that the meaning and intent of typewritten words can be easily misconstrued when they are read by another person without the benefit of being face to face with the author.
      I can tell someone to "F" off in a jocular face to face to face banter session and it will be taken with the humour and irony intended. Sending that message in a two word email puts an entirely different complexion on the matter and I would not be at all surprised if the recipient took offence.
      This is the the problem with the electronic world of communication that we are in. Throw in an occasional language barrier where English is not an individual's first language and an even bigger can of worms can easily be opened.

Mind you.....SOME of the emails and appeals that the screeners get sometimes make me want to buy a shotgun and a plane ticket !! One photog didn't like a rejection and forcefully advised us that we were all...how can I put this politely ?.... let's say..."Not heterosexuals and visually resemble a females sexual organs" !!
      If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
        I can tell someone to "F" off in a jocular face to face to face banter session
        Mind you.....SOME of the emails and appeals that the screeners get sometimes make me want to buy a shotgun and a plane ticket !! One photog didn't like a rejection and forcefully advised us that we were all...how can I put this politely ?.... let's say..."Not heterosexuals and visually resemble a females sexual organs" !!
        Brian,Brian the politically correct/nice way of saying the "FO" word is to "Foxtrot Oscar" off just so you know for future ref.
        I agree with the the sentiments of your post ....just hope that the shotgun and plane ticket ride is not to DUB

Comment

Originally posted by Shanwick View Post
          Brian,Brian the politically correct/nice way of saying the "FO" word is to "Foxtrot Oscar" off just so you know for future ref.
          I agree with the the sentiments of your post ....just hope that the shotgun and plane ticket ride is not to DUB

Who would be out first you or MOL.
          RT

Comment

Originally posted by AJ View Post
            Sure. When we open up an appeal and read the text the content weighs heaviliy on the decision. As your text was telling me to sack the screener and ask me if we were joking it made me reluctant to give you the benefit of the doubt regarding the photo itself.

Hi AJ, I would like to comment on that one: I regularly experience 'silent' rejections on my appeals. In other words, when I appeal I ask based on what they reject a certain photo. Very often I get empty appeal reject.
            Sometimes I get the remark to use the forum for that kind of questions which makes it difficult to appeal and to find the right way to appeal.

Comment

Originally posted by Joop View Post
              Hi AJ, I would like to comment on that one: I regularly experience 'silent' rejections on my appeals. In other words, when I appeal I ask based on what they reject a certain photo. Very often I get empty appeal reject.
              Sometimes I get the remark to use the forum for that kind of questions which makes it difficult to appeal and to find the right way to appeal.
              Joop, if you don't receive a message with an appeal then it simply means the original rejection reasons still stand and thus no further comment is necessary. There really isn't too much point in the senior screener dealing with the appeal wasting time writing, for example, 'the photo is blurry' when the rejection reason already says that. That time is best spent screening other photos. Also the responses you get in the forums are far more detailed than can ever be put in the comment field in an appeal, so it's ultimately more beneficial to make further queries in the forums where people can spend more time replying. The problem is that if the seniors reply to every singe appeal in detail then the queue would soon mount up, screening times would increase and there'd be threads left right and centre complaining about it. This simply isn't an option unfortunately, so the absence of a comment in a rejection purely means the original reasons for it being rejected (which are explained in some detail with examples in our upload guidelines) are still applicable.

Hope that explains it a little further,

Paul
              Seeing the world with a 3:2 aspect ratio...

My images on Flickr

Comment

Working...
              X