• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seriously - whoever screened this is got to be kidding

check the rejection reason

Then go to Houston

Then re-screen it

Yes - i'm fuming

Then appeal it with an explanation !! You intimate an airshow of some kind so such an angle is quite possible under those circumstances.
    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
      Then appeal it with an explanation !! You intimate an airshow of some kind so such an angle is quite possible under those circumstances.

I have appealed it Brian - this is a "standard" departure from Houston where EVERYTHING banks out at crazy angles - I want to know how it can be horizon unlevel ?? theres no horizon in the picure so does that mean every shot i take at an airshow is going to be questioned ???

I don't care about rejections as they help me impove my photos usually - this one however is nothing more than a joke - sorry

Comment

Originally posted by flyoverfred View Post
        I have appealed it Brian - this is a "standard" departure from Houston where EVERYTHING banks out at crazy angles - I want to know how it can be horizon unlevel ?? theres no horizon in the picure so does that mean every shot i take at an airshow is going to be questioned ???

I don't care about rejections as they help me impove my photos usually - this one however is nothing more than a joke - sorry
        and here is the proof:

I'm sure all the pilots at KIAH were ex military fighter pilots !!!. N77296. Boeing 737-824. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

this got on.........like i said this is normal at Houston

Comment

Perhaps putting your point over in a reasonable way may be a good idea? We've made mistakes in the past and are more than happy to accept it if we do, but you're going the wrong way about this. Just a thought.
          Seeing the world with a 3:2 aspect ratio...

My images on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by PMN View Post
            Perhaps putting your point over in a reasonable way may be a good idea? We've made mistakes in the past and are more than happy to accept it if we do, but you're going the wrong way about this. Just a thought.
            Hi Paul,

I thought the sentance I included saying they I don't usually have a problem with rejections as they help improve my photos intimated that ??

Comment

Hi Paul,

I thought the sentance I included saying they I don't usually have a problem with rejections as they help improve my photos intimated that ??
              If that's the case then why go in 'all guns blazing' over a single rejection?

Anyway, whoever rejected it (not me!) clearly has their reasons for doing so, so all I can suggest if it's already been appealed is leave this thread for a bit and see if anyone makes their thoughts known. I'm fairly sure if it's proven to be the case that nothing odd is happening here then everything will be perfectly fine. It's only a rejection, these things can be sorted out.
              Seeing the world with a 3:2 aspect ratio...

My images on Flickr

Comment

Hi Paul,

I had three rejections and only mentioned this as I find it ridiculous to be honest - I'm sorry you think i've come over all guns blazing as it were but that was and never will be my intention

Comment

Hi Fred, we do try to be reasonable however this sort of aggression does not help anyone.

Regarding your appeal, I have chosen to leave it for a little while as your appeal reason had me wanting to reject it rather than the photo itself:
                  are you kidding ?? check all the photos from houston then maybe go to houston and see how they bank out - whoever has screened this needs sacking - joke and where is it oversharp ???

Comment

Originally posted by AJ View Post
                    Hi Fred, we do try to be reasonable however this sort of aggression does not help anyone.

Regarding your appeal, I have chosen to leave it for a little while as your appeal reason had me wanting to reject it rather than the photo itself:

AJ,

That was a different photo - that was the 777. Your call on the rejection but i'm genuinely not understanding what you mean as "wanting to reject it rather than the photo itself" - can you explain that please so I do understand.

Like I said above I don't see that i've been either rude or aggressive anywhere in what I have said - appologies if it has come across that way but it wasn't meant to.

Please understand that if I have gone to the effort to take the photo, edit the photo and upload the photo I would expect that the screening is done correctly ( i know you do it in our own time etc as I know a few screeners ) - yes I agree mistakes do happen and all those are 100% genuine but the rejection of horizon unlevel is in this case ridiculous and would have to be applied to any aircraft that shows "banking" - Houston is strange in the fact that the aircraft bank out and believe it or not I have shots that the bank angles are even more extreme that i haven't had time to edit yet !!. I have had many photos rejected over the years and they have improved my photos so if there is a technicel or editing flaw then the rejections are always accepted and I try to fix the errors - it's the only way to learn. As it got rejected for horizon unlevel I can only assume that that was the only issue and as it was an incorrect evaluation I have asked you to look at the photo again.

Maybe I didn't word it correctly but I most certainly did not want to appear as aggressive

Comment

That was a different photo - that was the 777. Your call on the rejection but i'm genuinely not understanding what you mean as "wanting to reject it rather than the photo itself" - can you explain that please so I do understand.
                      Sure. When we open up an appeal and read the text the content weighs heaviliy on the decision. As your text was telling me to sack the screener and ask me if we were joking it made me reluctant to give you the benefit of the doubt regarding the photo itself.
                      When we are sworn at in appeals we don't even open the photo, it is rejected instantly.
                      Whilst you didn't go that far the tone of the appeal was such that I left it in the queue so as not to let the text detract from the photograph and it's chances of acceptance.

Comment

I gave that appeal reason as an example, the one from the photo you linked:
                        are you kidding ?? check all the photos from houston then maybe go to houston and see how they bank out - whoever has screened this needs sacking - joke
                        ...has a similar tone.

Comment

Wow! That is a great shot btw! This should be a hot photo btw (don't you find)? It's a old DC-3 cockpit, and it's the first shot if this aircraft's cockpit
                          Flickr |Airliners.Net | Airplane-Pictures.Net | Jetphotos.Net

Comment

Originally posted by AJ View Post
                            I gave that appeal reason as an example, the one from the photo you linked:

...has a similar tone.

AJ - I get you now - my bad and I appologise for the tone - frustrated I think but even so..........

Comment

Originally posted by C-FITL View Post
                              Wow! That is a great shot btw! This should be a hot photo btw (don't you find)? It's a old DC-3 cockpit, and it's the first shot if this aircraft's cockpit
                              http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=2952300
                              Nope, sorry bud. Nice shot, though, of a classic beauty. I love 'em.

2.5 Hot Photo

Only to be used for brand new paint schemes, new aircraft type for a particular airline or news worthy images. If you are unsure as to weather your image is Hot, please ask in the forum.

Examples of when not to use the Hot Photo would be: a new registration for an airline, a small sticker that has been added, a new reg into the db, a rare photo, first arrival of a certain aircraft at a specific airport or just because you think it's a great shot.

Comment

Working...
                              X