My old nemesis - Horizon not level

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Luka View Post
    ......Or photo shop the offending images out or correct them....
    No...NO....NO !

Not permitted to "Photoshop out" if by this you mean cloning something out. This is digital manipulation and receives a rejection for that reason. It can also lead to a hefty "punishment" if caught doing it frequently.

A quick tip to help with levelling. Take the crop tool and draw a box on the image as if you were going to crop it. This box can be moved around the image using the up, down, left and right keyboard arrows. Move it until a vertical edge of the box aligns with an image vertical that you intend to use for levelling. It will give a good idea of if the image needs to be levelled or not. It won't tell you by how much but it will at least give an indication that something has to be done and that you now need to use the ruler tool to get the amount and direction of rotation needed.

I use this method on the full size original right at the beginning of processing and then go on to set the crop for the image that I intend to process.
    Last edited by brianw999; 2010-04-22, 15:54.
    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
      No...NO....NO !

A quick tip to help with levelling. Take the crop tool and draw a box on the image as if you were going to crop it. This box can be moved around the image using the up, down, left and right keyboard arrows..
      Thanks for this Brian. Simple but very good idea. Why didn't I think of that before? I only used to use the grids for this. Since I religiously started following the JID Method a few years back, like you I also do this right at the beginning on the original uncropped image.

However as already confirmed by many here the image in question was a b***h to level due to funny angles of the buildings. Which in turn may have been caused due to heat haze and/or exhausts.

I think Luka was kidding when he said about photoshoping out, well at least I hope so .
      CheersAziz

Comment

Working...
      X