Acceptable upload?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acceptable upload?

This is a long shot, but I know that there have been some terminal shots accepted before.
    Would the following shot be acceptable motive wise - it is the deserted entrance to the departures hall of my local airport following the closure for volcanic ash, converted to BW.
    If so, what category would it come under.
    http://www.markmcgrathphotography.co...96144/e8fc2abd

Personally I absolutely love it. It's full of mood and I think it's a great visual representation of the problems this eruption has caused. The JP screener in me is thinking it shouldn't be black and white because there's no real reason for it to be, but the deeper non-aviation photographer in me is screaming accept, and on this particular image that non-aviation photographer seems to have the loudest voice!

If I'm being honest (and going slightly against the general upload guidelines at JP), I personally couldn't bring myself to hit reject on such a good and well thought out image. I'd vote accept and leave the bigger decision to my fellow screeners. I think it's superb.

Paul
    Seeing the world with a 3:2 aspect ratio...

My images on Flickr

Comment

Paul,

i'll put it in the queue. The colour version has no where near the same impact.

Mark

Comment

Maybe see what the other guys say first, Mark, you'll get a far more accurate idea of the general consensus if a few of us comment. I can only speak for myself on such a 'different' image but as my shooting is pretty much 50/50 aviation and other things I occasionally tend to want to accept things that perhaps strictly I shouldn't, so a wider opinion may be beneficial!

Also, just a quick and friendly hint... There's a dedicated thread for pre-screening, so future queries on whether an image is suitable for upload should be posted there.
        Seeing the world with a 3:2 aspect ratio...

My images on Flickr

Comment

The absolute tragedy here is that this image will almost certainly be rejected for manipulation ( the colour ) and motive ( lack of any real aviation subject ).

A stunning image full of punch. I think I might have got a friend to lie down in a sleeping bag off to one side to add to the the pathos of the current volcano situation !

Unfortunately JP is an aviation database which will almost certainly preclude inclusion here. Bloody shame...a great image.
          If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Thanks Brian,

I'll give it a go regardless. If it gets accepted great, if not, no big deal.

Mark

Comment

Working...
            X