Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed with Dirty Scan / CMOS Dust spots

Hey Guys,

This photo http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=2968701 was rejected for "Dirty Scan / CMOS Dust spots". Could someone please show me where exactly the dirt or dust spots are, cause I don't find any. Help much appreciated!

Chris

The screening notes indicate it's just above the tail, and while it looks like a spot at first glance I actually think it's a shape in the cloud. Always a bit awkward when they're like that! I assume a spot there didn't show up in any of your other images?
    Seeing the world with a 3:2 aspect ratio...

My images on Flickr

Comment

Thanks for your answer, I see what you mean. There have never been any issues with dust spots in my pictures so far. Just checked the other pictures I took that day and this spot is only visible in the three pictures I took in exactly this situation. I would also say that it is part of the cloud but I agree, it is really a bit tricky.

Regards,
      Chris

Comment

I just had a quick look at the image in PS. Whether it's a cloud or a dust spot isn't really that clear although either way it's very easy to heal out, so I'd be tempted to just get rid of it as we can't really be certain. Even if it's a cloud it really does look like a dust spot, so it's probably best just to get rid of it.
        Seeing the world with a 3:2 aspect ratio...

My images on Flickr

Comment

Thanks, I will get rid of the cloud and put the pic back in the queue. After thinking about it, it has to be a cloud as I took this particular picture with my old Panasonic FZ50 (compare EXIF Data). Highly unlikely that there was a dust spot on the sensor

Regards,
          Chris

Comment

I agree with Paul that that is the cloud not a dust spot, however I would be concerned about the contrast and sharpness of the image!

Comment

It looks fine to me and there were no contrast/sharpness issues mentioned as a reason for the rejection, but you are the expert Do you mean to much or to little sharpness/contrast? Maybe a bit oversharpened, right?

Comment

Working...
              X