Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rtyrpics
    replied
    Congratulations, certainly makes a change to see a friendly topic. All the best for the future.
    Ryan

PS
    Well done, Ben! But perhaps you should delete my name there. Some people might think, that I'm not that bad after all ....
    We ALL need Gerado magic to lighten our life's. Your a teddy bear really under the bravado
    Last edited by Rtyrpics; 2010-05-04, 20:06.

Leave a comment:

• PMN
    replied
    Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post
    But perhaps you should delete my name there. Some people might think, that I'm not that bad after all ....
    It's there for ironic purposes!

Leave a comment:

• LX-A343
    replied
    Well done, Ben! But perhaps you should delete my name there. Some people might think, that I'm not that bad after all ....

Leave a comment:

• magic48
    replied
    Congrats Ben and you're welcome! It's good to see people accepting the help that is provided in the forums.

Leave a comment:

• brianw999
    replied
    That Bombardier...cracking shot. Keep them coming.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Chips
    replied
    Congrats Ben, I really like this one;

[photoid=6835901]

Dave
    Last edited by Mr Chips; 2010-05-04, 13:37. Reason: I'm dumb!

Leave a comment:

• ErwinS
    replied
    I love the 62!
    Keep them coming

Leave a comment:

• PMN
    replied
    Congratulations, Ben! One thing I really love to see (and it's something that makes doing all this worthwhile) is when a photographer appears, not really knowing what the standards are or how to achieve them and then suddenly they're pretty much there. It really is great to see and I'm glad you stuck with it through all the frustration. I'll look forward to seeing more of your work in the queue and on the site!

Paul

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    replied
    You're welcome and well done!

Leave a comment:

• wrxflyer
    replied
    Well, for a starter in aviation-photografy: not bad at all!!!

The Bombardier in Zürich:

Really artistic.

Well done.

Freek

Leave a comment:

• biggerben
    started a topic 10 accepted photos in a row!

10 accepted photos in a row!

Hey everyone

When I first started out with aviation photography I was doing a lot of things wrong. I had the wrong settings in my camera, a bad postprocessing workflow and I couldn't have told the difference in between soft and oversharpened if my life had depended on it.

My acceptance rate was below 50%, mostly because of soft, oversharpened or blurry rejects, and that was after using a different site for pre-screening to weed out the really bad ones.

Now, I have just uploaded 10 photos, and every one got accepted.

I want to use this moment to thank every one that has helped me achieve this, especially and in no particular order
    • Paul Nichols (told me to turn off D-Lighting and helped me refine my postprocessing workflow)
    • Gerardo (who was always super fast at answering my questions especially in the pre-screening thread)
    • Gianluca (showed me how to sharpen really tough photos using selective sharpening in between resizing steps and sharpening my Il-62 shot)
    • AJ (helping me with my only window shot to date)
    • Ryan Taylor (helping me stop those "too much or too little contrast" rejects)
    • Every one else I forgot

And now 4 photos to end things with:

My most impressive shot

My most artistic shot

The window shot AJ helped me with

and the Il-62 Gianluca helped me with (and post processed)
Working...
X