Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too dark rejection

Hi,

This pic (http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=2973520) was rejected due to being too dark. I did check the night shot category as it was shot pretty close to sunset. I know an under exposed photo will not be accepted just because I check the night shot category , but I personally thought it was ok as I have had similar pics accepted before. My appeal was also turned down.

But then I came across this pic - http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=6835587, which had been accepted.

I would like to understand the subtle difference of why one was accepted and the other rejected so that I don't waste the screeners or my time. I appreciate that the accepted pic has golden glow of the sunset, where as my one doesn't.

flcriminal - please don't think that I am saying that your pic is wrong to be accepted. It's a nice shot and I love this angle at sunset from LHR. I just noticed this shortly after mine and using it as an example to learn.
    CheersAziz

From another uploader's viewpoint, the American has a more interesting sky and the aircraft fully dark (so to speak) without sunlight on any of this side of it. No offense or anything, but on yours it's basically another blue sky with the sun on the tail which doesn't happen to be the main focus of the shot.
    Hope that sorta helps.

Comment

Hi Ryan,

No offence taken and thanks for the confirmation. (as mentioned on my post) I thought that might be the case but wanted to be sure.

What do you mean by just blue sky? I thought that was my best artistic work to get the sun on the tail

btw - did you know that your signature takes you to the jp main page and not your pictures? I thought I should mention it to you.
      CheersAziz

Comment

No prob.
        Just blue sky is just that - blue sky. Honestly, there's nothing really exciting about it in the shot. Can be made exciting at times, though.

As for the sig thing, you just have to click the right area

Comment

What he said.

Comment

Originally posted by pilotgolfer View Post
            As for the sig thing, you just have to click the right area
            Now I really feel like a lemon what are the chances of so far I have always clicked the right area on many banners without knowing it! I tried a few times on your one obviously not on the right area. From my previous experience I thought any part of the banner would take you to the photog's list.....
            CheersAziz

Comment

Working...
            X