Bad colour/blur

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad colour/blur

Can anyone tell me why this photo was rejected? It was taken as the suns going down bathing the aircraft in the lovely light and as far as i can see on my screen it is all sharp apart from the propellor and wheels which is to be expected.
    http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=2988349

Ive already appealed it once and it was rejected for those reasons so im asking what others think.

Hi Ollie... I appreciate your points, agree that the flaws are relatively minor and, TBH, find it fairly difficult to find minor faults on a 1024 compressed image, but here's some suggestions....

Using PS, I used Auto Levels on it which increased the contrast and took the yellowish cast away without destroying the lighting. You might want to try it and then make finer saturation related readjustments for your tastes but I've a feeling that this would be more acceptable to the screeners than the current colourscape.

I've re-worked a number of images rejected for "blur" which have also sometimes been rather baffling for the simple reason that I'm not sure what the screener has homed in on but, where the image has been important for my on-line portfolio, I usually work from my full-sized master and check profiles, edges and text etc. Naturally, comparison with other images helps.

Nice shot BTW, and hope this helps

Paul
    Last edited by HB-IHC; 2010-05-16, 11:48.

All our final decisions are made in a state of mind that is not going to last (Marcel Proust)

Comment

Oliver, our apologies for no crew response yet on this, we're actually discussing it in the crew forum to the moment and will hopefully get back to you soon.

Just a very quick point in reference to Paul's post, I'd very, very strongly recommend avoiding any Auto feature in Photoshop. It's infinitely better to learn how to tell photoshop exactly what you want it to do and use the appropriate tool to do so than let it guess (which it usually does badly).
      Seeing the world with a 3:2 aspect ratio...

My images on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by PMN View Post
        I'd very, very strongly recommend avoiding any Auto feature in Photoshop. It's infinitely better to learn how to tell photoshop exactly what you want it to do and use the appropriate tool to do so than let it guess (which it usually does badly).
        Oooops... didn't mean to imply that this was a modus operandi for processing, just that given the reject and a fully processed image that it does come in useful as an 'alternative' gauge to re-assess... hence "and then make finer saturation related readjustments for your tastes". I wouldn't use auto features as a basis for processing and assume, rightly or wrongly, that with the amount of images Ollie has on the DB, nor would he.

Cheers, Paul

All our final decisions are made in a state of mind that is not going to last (Marcel Proust)

Comment

Thanks guys for the pointers. I avoid the auto tool like the plauge unless i realy cant see a contrast issue then i use it to see what it does before undoing it and tweaking it myself.

Comment

Working...
          X