• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obstructing objects?

Hello,

can anyone explain me why this one got rejected

and these ones for instance accepted
    Standing with some tech problems, note the stairs at the engine.. 012. CASA C-295M. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Very rare visitor @ Helsinki parked on the corner at Cargo ramp II. Nice to see still Electra active use, last time I`ve seen Electra at EFHK at 1980`s. Only the weather was dull and sorry about the stairs, but this was almost only angle to get this beauty photographed without some more foreground obstacles. [ Olympus E-520 ]. G-LOFC. Lockheed L-188A(F) Electra. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

I don't understand what's so different. Like in the picture of Niko I apolgized to the screener in advance that this was the only opportunity at that time to take the picture.

Thanks in advance for your constructive feefback, Joop

Hmm I know that picture Well the stairs in front of the Enter Air have nothing do do with the aircraft itself. They are trully just obstructing objects. I am sorry because I know she was a nice visitor.

With the Casa the stairs is also obstructing but it adds to the picture since this stairs is used at the aircraft itself. And no, I can't accept my own pictures so it could be as well be rejected but wasn't.

The Electra, I would have rejected her. But maybe due to the fact that an Electra is becoming a very rare breed she was accepted.

Rgds,
    Last edited by ErwinS; 2010-05-27, 19:03.
    “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Comment

Hi Erwin,

first of all thanks for your quick and fair reply. I really appreciate that.
      I know screeners can't accept their pics.
      So it has nothing to do with you.
      I only wanted to point out that there are several (an understatement) pictures in the database where there are obstructing pics in the database so I would like to know what is acceptable and what not.
      If I understand you correct the obsturcting foreground needs to have a function, right?

Comment

Well yeah you could say that. If one of those stairs was standing with one of her doors you would have had more chance to get her accepted.

Hopefully she will be back at AMS

Rgds,
        “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Comment

Also Joop you have two sets of steps obstructing the view.
          The Casa I would say is borderline(difficult to say is it too obstructive)
          The Electra I love(I wish these type of full size steps did not count as an obstruction)
          Fair enough rejection Joop.If I had uploaded your shot myself I would say I was "chancing my arm"

Comment

Working...
          X