Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oversharpening rejection.

Hi guys,

I can normally understand rejection reasons provided by the screeners, but I'm not sure what to do about this one: http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject.php?id=74519
    Is it repairable or a throwaway?

Thanks in advance.

I don't really agree with this rejection, I have seen worse cases yet. But you should try to ease up on your sharpening. The most noticable "step jaggies" are on the cockpit windows. Sharpen until you start seeing the jagged edges of a straight line, and stop sharpening just prior to these becoming visible on the photo.

-Clovis

Comment

I didn't screen this picture, but I would also have rejected it. Am I a bad person now? I don't think so... see below, why

The reason, why I would reject is simple: with a little bit of effort in trying a new sharpening technique, you will improve your next pictures a lot. So, an investment of pehaps 15 minutes ONCE and better pics in future. If we accept this picture, you wouldn't know, that it was that easy to get a better picture.

Another thing to watch, while at it, is the JPG compression, in my opinion. There seem to be some JPG artefacts around the windows.

My tip: Start from the original picture again, adjust colors, level, crop, resize and sharpen again. Or, post a link to the picture, saved right before sharpening and someone might have a look at it. How's that?

Cheers
      Gerardo
      My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Thanks Clovis, thanks Gerado (certainly not a bad person IMHO).

I'll take all that in and keep trying!

Comment

Originally posted by AJ
          Thanks Clovis, thanks Gerado (certainly not a bad person IMHO).
          Thanks, m8!

As said, it's only about the sharpening and the JPG compression. I like the angle and the composition in this pic.

Cheers
          Gerardo

Comment

Like a true pratt I've discarded the original, I'll have to try another time.

Comment

Originally posted by AJ
              Like a true pratt I've discarded the original, I'll have to try another time.

That's the true beauty of digital photography

Gerardo

Comment

The only time I've ever lost an original is maybe once or twice when I've saved "over" the original by accident in Photoshop. I have to stop editing my photos late at night...

-Clovis

Comment

Found the original still on the camera!

She's now in the datatbase, [photoid=158200] , thanks for your help!

Comment

Looks a hell of alot better than the first one AJ!!!

Comment

MUCH BETTER!!!!!

That's also the beauty of digital photography. I never found a lost slide in my camera in the good old analog times.

Well done!

Gerardo

Comment

Thanks guys, also happens to be in the groups of three photos accepted that makes my 100th photo on JetPhotos!

Comment

Sorry to be late in the thread AJ, but I was the one who rejected your picture. As Clovis said, we might have accepted worse, but I thought in this one it didn't seem it needed that much, and being oversharpen it would ruin a really nice picture, as you final picture proves.

Good job! Keep them coming.

Cheers

Gabe

Comment

Thanks Gabe, much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                            X