Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dodgy Processing

Hiya All,
    I DO NOT like to challenge accepted photos, however this photo caught my eye and it screams manipulation/dodgy processing.

I was just interested as to weather I'm missing something here. This is NOT an accusation of anything, I am just interested.

Ryan

Originally posted by Rtyrpics View Post
    Hiya All,
    I DO NOT like to challenge accepted photos, however this photo caught my eye and it screams manipulation/dodgy processing.

I was just interested as to weather I'm missing something here. This is NOT an accusation of anything, I am just interested.

Ryan
    Where do you see manipulation/ dodgy processing? It is backlit, but on first view I don't see any manipulation...

Comment

this photo caught my eye and it screams dodgy processing.
      I thought exactly the same about one of your accepted appeals the other week, but I resisted the temptation to publicly point it out. You know how to contact the screening team should you wish for clarification as to why an image was accepted. Openly criticising other peoples' photos in this way simply isn't the done thing, Ryan. Please consider how you'd feel if someone questioned one of your images so openly before creating another thread like this in the future.
      Seeing the world with a 3:2 aspect ratio...

My images on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by PMN View Post
        I thought exactly the same about one of your accepted appeals the other week, but I resisted the temptation to publicly point it out. You know how to contact the screening team should you wish for clarification as to why an image was accepted. Openly criticising other peoples' photos in this way simply isn't the 'done' thing, Ryan.
        Paul,
        I am not critising the photo, I am just enquiring because to me it screams overprocessing, but thats just my opinion.

Just out of interest Paul, which image was it you are reffering too?

Please consider how you'd feel if someone questioned one of your images so openly before creating another thread like this in the future.
        Anyone is always more than welcome to publically question my images.

Where do you see manipulation/ dodgy processing? It is backlit, but on first view I don't see any manipulation...
        The colours of the METAL are way off what one would normally expect. The only way to get those sorts of colours is extreme bugaring about with curves, I think anyway I have never seen such colours on metal through 'normal' editing, but that could just be me.

The plants look weird, almost like their from Flightsim.

Ryan
        Last edited by Rtyrpics; 2010-05-29, 16:48.

Comment

I am not critising the photo
          this photo caught my eye and it screams manipulation/dodgy processing.
          That's a very, very clear and open criticism to me. Again, regardless of your intent please don't create threads like this in future. It simply isn't fair on the photographer in question. Contact the screening team or even the photographer directly and enquire about the editing techniques used, but don't say an image is manipulated or has had "dodgy processing" in front of the entire website.

As for the photo of yours I'm referring to, this is neither the time nor the place to go into it. I'm simply making the point that you should perhaps nail your own processing before publicly questioning other peoples' work.
          Last edited by PMN; 2010-05-29, 17:02.

My images on Flickr

Comment

Sorry Paul then the next sentence
            I was just interested as to weather I'm missing something here, This is NOT an accusation of anything
            Were I admit I could be wrong and could be making a bad judgement.

Contact the screening team or even the photographer directly and enquire about the editing techniques used
            Ok, will I get a response? Last time I e-mailed JP crew I didn't get a response, so why would I e-mail again to probably not get a response.
            Ryan

Comment

Ok, will I get a response? Last time I e-mailed JP crew I didn't get a response, so why would I e-mail again to probably not get a response.
              You'll get a better response than you will acting like this. Come on, just accept what I'm saying and move on.

My images on Flickr

Comment

You'll get a better response than you will acting like this. Come on, just accept what I'm saying and move on.
                In other words then, if I was to e-mail the crew would that get a response, or would it be the usual type when the crew are challenged.

Comment

In other words then, if I was to e-mail the crew would that get a response, or would it be the usual type when the crew are challenged.
                  Excuse me? I made a simple comment that tearing peoples photos apart in public isn't the done thing and you say that? You've come a long way recently and despite our history I've gone very much out of my way to help you. You'd be extremely foolish to throw all that away (again).

Sit back and think carefully before you reply!

My images on Flickr

Comment

Excuse me? I made a simple comment that tearing peoples photos apart in public isn't the done thing and you say that? You've come a long way recently and despite our history I've gone very much out of my way to help you. You'd be extremely foolish to throw all that away (again).

Sit back and think carefully before you reply!
                    Paul,
                    Maybe making an on air comment about a photo is not the best idea, which I appreciate. In future I'll contact the crew; however I would like to think if someone had an issue with one of my photos, they wouldn't bitch behind my back, they would air it and get it in the open.

Ryan

Comment

however I would like to think if someone had an issue with one of my photos, they wouldn't bitch behind my back, they would air it and get it in the open.
                      Bitch behind your back? Now you're making things up, Ryan, so at this point, unless I really have to say something further I'm going to quit.

My images on Flickr

Comment

Bitch behind your back? Now you're making things up, Ryan, so at this point, unless I really have to say something further I'm going to quit.
                        I'm not making anything up because I have not said it's happened, im just saying I would hope people would be straight and if that means airing concerns, I dont mind.

Comment

Ryan it does come across in your post that you are criticizing the Photographer. I'm sure we'd all be pretty miffed if someone openly criticised our pictures, particularly saying the picture is manipulated when it isn't. Whether you meant to or not, it came across like you did.

Maybe the mods should delete this thread, I don't think it's very fair on the Photographer.

Comment

Ryan, read your post again. You are being grossly unfair on a fellow photographer and by your attempts to justify your comments you dug a deeper hole for yourself. I agree with RingwaySam that this thread should be deleted.

Brian

Comment

Working...
                            X