Levelling photo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Levelling photo

This photo was taken on a very uneven airfield and i was wanting some advice on how to levell it. The photo efectively has 3 horizons and whatever one i use looks wrong on at least one other and then i tried the windsock but that make it look just odd.

Ive attached another photo to give you some idea of how uneaven it is, the glider is landing on an upslope and the end of the runway is on the other side of the slope up behind the glider and it doesnt flatten out to much after where i was standing.

Look at the building in the background. Use the verticals of that building to level the picture. Currently this picture is not level.
    Mention what you did in the comment to screeners box on the upload page.

Hope this helps!

Roel.
    Last edited by Diezel; 2010-06-02, 13:29.

Comment

A classic example of when you need to use comments to screeners to explain your actions Ollie.
      If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

I don't want to open a new topic for my problem. I uploaded this photo and of course it got rejected.

I asked the screener to be so kind to check the photo better before rejecting it because indeed, at the first glance it looks unlevel, but if he checks he will see it's levelled to the pixel. Of course he rejected the picture and I appealed it explaining the same thing to the admin. He reject it again without any explanation. Attached there are to print screens fromn photoshop, print screens wich show vertical and horizontal lines on the church in the back and on the fence.

How can anyone say this picture it's not level? I really don't understand. How can I convince the admin and the screener the picture is ok and the horizon is indeed level? Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Mengelaus View Post
          I don't want to open a new topic for my problem. I uploaded this photo and of course it got rejected.

I asked the screener to be so kind to check the photo better before rejecting it because indeed, at the first glance it looks unlevel, but if he checks he will see it's levelled to the pixel. Of course he rejected the picture and I appealed it explaining the same thing to the admin. He reject it again without any explanation. Attached there are to print screens fromn photoshop, print screens wich show vertical and horizontal lines on the church in the back and on the fence.

How can anyone say this picture it's not level? I really don't understand. How can I convince the admin and the screener the picture is ok and the horizon is indeed level? Thank you.
          Looking at the lines there is a slight lean to the left, a small amount of CCW rotation would be adequate, about .25 would probably be ok.
          Ryan

Comment

The vertical fence support under the tail (under the - of the registration) is clearly leaning to the right. The image needs counterclockwise rotation.

Don't fall into the trap of going down to pixel level to check horizon. Pixels are square and always have vertical sides.
            If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Brian you are right ( as always ) but if I level the photo after that support the other points of reference won't be level anymore and I'm affraid my photo will be rejected again

Comment

Working...
              X