Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cropping / Photo edges / Size Ratio / Horizon unlevel / Bad Info: Location - Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cropping / Photo edges / Size Ratio / Horizon unlevel / Bad Info: Location - Question

Just need some clarification on this reject.

I got this photo rejected for Cropping, Photo edges, Size ratio, Horizon unlevel and Bad Info: Location. The horizon has got me twice me as I can't seem to find anything to level the ground with. What would be the best spot to level the photo? The cropping/photo edges/size ratio I would just like some clarification with, finally the Bad Info: Location is puzzling me as this photo was accepted but I got this one rejected which had a similar location.

Accepted Photo
    Over the Great Slave Lake descending on final for runway 32 in Yellowknife.. C-GCNV. Boeing 737-232(Adv). JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Thanks For The Help
    Nehal

First of all, I am not a screener ,but:

I think the accepted photo was accepted by mistake, as there is no airport visibile on that photo. therefore BAD INFO.
    At least, that's what I think of it, and that makes also the Bad Info rejection on the other photo.

For cropping/photo edges: check the lower right corner.
    You can clearly see some white space, caused by bad cropping.

For horizon:The horizon is clearly visible on this photo and it looks unbalanced.

I think a screener can explain this better.

Freek
    Last edited by wrxflyer; 2010-07-13, 15:02.

Comment

Hi Nehal,

The cropping/photo edge rejection is because there's a small but nonetheless visible cropping error down in the bottom right corner (a little bit of white).

For levelling, try using the line of the mountains as marked here:

As for location, it looks a little too far away from the airport to be classed as actually being there, so in-flight would probably be more appropriate.

Hope that helps,

Paul
      Seeing the world with a 3:2 aspect ratio...

My images on Flickr

Comment

Ha! Spot on, Freek. Wish you'd have posed that a few minutes earlier, you'd have saved me a job!
        Seeing the world with a 3:2 aspect ratio...

My images on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by PMN View Post
          Hi Nehal,

The cropping/photo edge rejection is because there's a small but nonetheless visible cropping error down in the bottom right corner (a little bit of white).

For levelling, try using the line of the mountains as marked here:

As for location, it looks a little too far away from the airport to be classed as actually being there, so in-flight would probably be more appropriate.

Hope that helps,

Paul
          Thanks Paul for the swift reply and clarification! I hopefully I can fix it this time .

Thanks Nehal

Comment

Deleted by author. Incorrect information.
            Last edited by brianw999; 2010-07-14, 11:19.
            If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Working...
            X