No announcement yet.

need help with this photo.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is bullshit Ryan, there was no Blue Angels airshow at Buckley last year.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffinDEN
      That is bullshit Ryan, there was no Blue Angels airshow at Buckley last year.
      Gee, sorrrrrry... So, I made a mistake, I meant loveland/Ft Collins, but you knew what I meant. There was no reason to say BS.

Comment

How is it possible to confuse those two airports?

Comment

nice new Sig Jeff! Does the Navy use any F-16s (except agressors) ?
          greetings,
          Philip

Comment

Hey Philip,
            Thanks! I am not even sure if the Navy still uses the F-16N model. They had some at Miramar, Fallon, and Oceana for a while. The may have moved them down to Key West or some other place by now.

Jeff

Comment

What kind of scanner did you use and did you use adobe or some photo editing software?

Comment

Duplicate post edit

Comment

Carl,

I hope you won't get discouraged and quit trying here, but since you began posting rejects they have had the same consistent problems. The first is that the color tones are heavily magenta weighted, especially the sky blue tones. Secondly they are generally soft in sharpness. Third, most are low contrast and have a slightly washed out look. Fourth, they often have a large amount of grain visible in the photo. Finally, there is often a great deal of visible dust motes and/or lint in the photos. This contamination is either in the original as it was processed or is being added during the scanning process.

To correct all these problems you will need to shoot with a fine grained film and adequate light. (Usually you do have good lighting, sometimes even too much.) Your shots have to be well focused and properly exposed. You need to find a good quality processing lab to ensure the best processing with the least contamination possible. (Ask other photographers you know in your area where they have their photos processed and compare their photos to yours for the overall quality. Use the processor that gives the best results.) When you scan try a variety of scanning settings and resolutions until you find the combination that gives the best consistent result. After scanning use a good post-processing program like Photoshop to clean up the imperfections in the scan and to sharpen and adjust for the best possible result. Before you do this however you need to be sure your monitor is showing you colors properly. If you don't see that magenta in your photos properly then no matter how many times people fix photos for you and post the result you will still not see them as correct. This is what Jeff was trying to tell you. I don't happen to have the link for the Adobe calibration program handy, but you can download a free monitor calibration program from the upload page over at A-net. It will help you optimize the settings on your monitor and that should go a long way toward helping you with your magenta problem. You have to see it to fix it after all.

I worked some on your first rejected photo in this thread, the A-10 shot. It had more problems than simply the magenta toned sky, including all the issues I mentioned earlier. I improved it some, but it isn't yet a good enough shot to be accepted here. I'm posting it here now in hopes that you will see the differences and get some ideas of the direction you need to go.

Finally, don't give up, just like any other artistic endeavor aviation photography takes a lot of practice to get good at it. You have to practice all the aspects too, not simply taking the photo. It's just as important to be good at the scanning and post-processing as taking the photo itself. Just keep working at all the aspects of the process. If you look through the older threads here you will find lots of others who had trouble getting their first shots accepted but still kept working to improve and they have come a long way. All of them improved through practice, experimentation to see what worked best, and from listening to the advice that was offered to them by the screeners and the posters here.

Comment

Thanks for fixing it for me. I downloaded it and I will try it out ASAP!

Comment

Have you tried it and what happens after it shows up on the screen?

Comment

Working...
                      X