Come on Screeners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Come on Screeners

I have had this photo in the screening process for 13 days and 10 hours. And it take 2 minutes to screen a photo. And I get a Rejection for Bad CN. I have promiced myself that I will not cause a huge scene. But when a member puts the Reg Number and the Goldben Knights Fokker comes up I would think that the CN would also be included. So If I choose to upload this photo again I will be in QuE for like 26 days. For maybe one min of work on the screeners part.

http://www.jetphotos.net//viewreject_b.php?id=3378349

Jason

Jason,

You should now that the info you put in is not an official USAR serial. Like al USAF/USAR a/c the full serials are almost never displayed on the aircraft itself.
    Beside that the c/n is a very easy find on Google even with the incorrect serial, and that was also missing.

We have many pictures with the correct info in the dbase so a little bit of research before uploading can be of much help to prevent such a reject.

Rgds,
    “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Comment

Unfortunately I've noticed that bad info rejections can be really inconsistent. Personally I've submitted corrections for an Airbus A319 that was uploaded with the info of a 737 (wrong reg was typed onto autocorrect) and made it to the database, and several other corrections that were not as severe. But, I got plenty of rejections due to missing CN's, and one of a Marines FA/18 that said bad info, even though the reg wasn't on the database and I got the info off that Dutch site that has almost all the registrations, since it was also rejected due to contrast I didn't really care, but yes, I have noticed several inconsistencies.

The problem is that of that plane there's already 3 photos in the db with that registration, so the information will show up no matter what.

As a sidenote, in some countries information about airplanes is considered confidential, so you can't go into the local FAA equivalent website and do a registration lookup to get information about the planes, and I checked the airframes database and it is not included.
      [SIGNATURE GOES HERE]

Felipe Garcia

Comment

You would think if I did auto fill with the Reg number it would all come back if the Aircraft is in the database. I know that before I click submit I always confirm that everything is in as requested. I mean why would I want to waste my time and the screeners time by submitting half @#@ photos.

Jason

FYI
        I am uploading this photo again and I did auto fill just like the first time and this is what I see prior to uploading it. And maybe it was not there when I did it the first time. Have I learned a huge lesson? Yes But FYI I have got emails from Screeners saying "Hey Jason you put the the Reg number in backwards it should be N7874 not N7875" That number is a example. And after reading the email from the screener who took less then five minutes to correct something for me.

I know if they do it for me then they have to do it for everyone. Or it adds time to the screening process. Are you kidding me after 13 days 10hours your worried about time. Ok I am stepping off my Box now and going to anger management class. Have a good day.

Jason

Comment

Originally posted by Iwnafly View Post
          I am uploading this photo again and I did auto fill just like the first time and this is what I see prior to uploading it.
          I hope you didn't upload it like that, Jason, or you will get another rejection. The correct Registration is 85-1608 and the C/N is 10668. There are four other photos of this aircraft in the DB.

[photoid=7027761][photoid=7005909]
          [photoid=6893861][photoid=6579382]
          Last edited by Moose135; 2011-04-08, 04:06.
          KC-135: Passing gas and taking names!

Comment

Do not count your chickens before they hatch! I will never put in the remarks section that a photo will be number ???? in the d/b for me, before it is screened.
            Enough said there, it only takes a short while to verify info, if it is available. I still have a photo of a F/A 18F super hornet, I have the reg number clearly, but the aircraft in question is not in this d/b or any other military sources recommended here, so I am waiting as I am unable to provide the cn.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard M. A. Wood View Post
              Do not count your chickens before they hatch! I will never put in the remarks section that a photo will be number ???? in the d/b for me, before it is screened.
              Enough said there, it only takes a short while to verify info, if it is available. I still have a photo of a F/A 18F super hornet, I have the reg number clearly, but the aircraft in question is not in this d/b or any other military sources recommended here, so I am waiting as I am unable to provide the cn.
              If you put in the remark field that the c/n is nowhere to be found you have much beter change to get her accepted. Such a remark triggers most screeners to do a quick search themself and confirm that the c/n is unknown.
              “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Comment

So....we're talking about military aircraft mostly, yes ?

The following is the route to go for ALL uploads because the autofill requires constant updating, involves literally thousands of aircraft around the world and is impossible to keep up to date every second of every day....

1. Enter the registration and airfield ID.

2. Check ALL data fields INCLUDING civil/military genre.

3. If the registration does not produce an autofilled aircraft type then check that you have the correct registration. US military markings NEVER show the full serial so you may have to do some searching. It is normally the first number of the reg that is not on the fin or fuselage.

4. Where to search ? For military, www.scramble.nl is the "bible" reference site. Second choice is to Google the registration. Third choice is to search the JP.net and Airliners.net databases. (I'm not too proud to accept that Airliners will sometimes have the info I need)

5. If you simply cannot find the data you want then leave the registration field and/or c/n field blank AND LEAVE A NOTE TO THE SCREENERS. Why on earth do more uploaders not use this facility ? It's there to help you and us.

Above all else remember this....

It is YOUR responsibility to get it right and check all data before uploading.....not ours to do the searching and correction for you. Yes, sometimes a screener will fill in missing data but take that as someone having a good day...it's not their responsibility to do it.

There is a rule of thumb that I use when screening.

1. If the missing data is in the database on other uploads....

....or....

2. If a Google search shows the info required on page one of the search....

.....then I'll reject.

If it takes more than that for me to find the required data then I'll often add it and let you know that I've done it and where I got it from.

BUT....

Don't expect ALL of us to do that, we don't HAVE to.
                If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Working...
                X