Categories Wrong.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Categories Wrong.

Could I please get some help on which categories are missing. I'm guessing it might be night shot; however this was shot in a hanger in the middle of the day so that didn't occur to me for some reason. How should I handle that? I don't think Concorde is yet considered a "Classic".

Thanks,

Dave

Dave Brook
    Cambridge, Ontario

Indeed vintage needs to be selected, as "vintage" is correct for all planes displayed in museums or used as gate guards etc.

Comment

Stefan, when I took the shot, this aircraft was still in service. I wouldn't have thought applying vintage to an aircraft still in active service as opposed to being permanently on static display, but it left that afternoon. So if I understand, "vintage" would apply to an aircraft no longer in service, and at least 30 years old? Would a 100 series 747 qualify?

Thanks for the help,
      Dave

Dave Brook
      Cambridge, Ontario

Comment

Oh, sorry I missed the date. You are correct. As it was still in service it was not vintage in 2003. I would say an appeal with all the facts you presented here, might be a good idea. (not night as taken in hangar, from 2003, last visit to Toronto, etc.)

For a 747-100 it is easy.

In a museum -> vintage
        In active service -> not vintage

Comment

Hi all,

First... Sorry for my not perfect english, my first language is french !

I have a question concerning a wrong category (maybe a stupid question).
          I sent a nice picture of HB-IIQ, a "Privatair" BBJ leased to Gulf Air, painted in full colors and operating normal airline flights.

It was reject for "wrong category"...
          I don't remember exactly but I think that I uploaded it as a normal airliner, because it is a normal one.

In which category must this aircraft be uploaded to be accepted ?
          It makes me a little bit angry, because first I uploaded it as "hot" because I caught it the first time we could see it and it was no picture of this aircraft with it's new c/s in db (nowhere on the web)... Mine was rejected as "hot" and another one (taken and uploaded at the same time) was accepted !
          After that, I waited 13 days and 42 minutes to finally see my picture in my favorite db on the web and now it's rejected for "wrong category" !!!

Isn't it possible to correct the category instead of rejecting the picture ?
          Exactly the same when a data is missing or wrong... After 8 hours of spotting, 2 or 3 hours of editing... at 3am it's possible to make some mistakes and it could be nice not having to upload two times the same picture.

Without that kind of problems, JP could really be the ultimate aviation web site... Maybe one day someone could correct this ?!

So, continue doing that great job and I'm waiting for your answer concerning the HB-IIQ

See ya.

Remo G.
          Best regards and have a nice flight !

Remo G.

Comment

BBJ means biz jet.

Comment

Originally posted by seahawk View Post
              BBJ means biz jet.
              Yes I agree... But when it operates for Gulf Air only normal airlines... It becomes an airliner !
              Not so logical !!!

If we follow that way of thinking, the Privatair 763 isn't a Bizjet, but an airliner also if it's configured like a BBJ for VIP flights !?

Let it be, I can live without this picture on JP !
              Now it's too late (almost one month after the shot), there are some other ones taken the same day at the same place in db, you don't need mine anymore
              Best regards and have a nice flight !

Remo G.

Comment

Working...
              X