This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 40 Photos Reject!!!!!

Hello everybody, I come here to show my indignation with the screeners, more than 40 pictures rejected for trivial reasons! I'll leave you to assess because the screeners lately not been doing a good job not only with me but with my friends who have more than 1,500 photos in the database.

This Photo's:

- Bad Composition (bad framing / aircraft not centered)
    - Dirty Scan / CMOS Dust spots

This not a Dust Spot's,this is a Airplane on the Background!!!!

This not Centered??? O Comon!!! look this similar my photo acepted:

One of the best place's for Spotting,Hotel Matiz in Sao Paulo - Brazil. PT-MZK. Airbus A320-232. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 6 million screened photos online!

And have more:

Over Processed / Bad postprocessing

I think its my Nikon it's a piece of shit!!! This photo only modiefied a Image size and Brightness.

Anddd more!!

Well I'm done here, angry at the Screeners, ask to review some of your concepts ...

Well also hello on the forum.........

I only want to adress the first reject you showed for the moment now and than you can think about the others.

I do see a nice dust spot above her stabilizer don't you agree.

And she is to high in the frame, so not centered.
    “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Comment

Alex,

I just saved on of your images to my computer and opened it in photoshop. What i suspected came out, i think you used the shadow/highlights tool within photoshop. This is causing halos arround the aircraft. See the image below.

Bjorn

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Sandro View Post

This Photo's:

- Bad Composition (bad framing / aircraft not centered)
        - Dirty Scan / CMOS Dust spots

This not a Dust Spot's,this is a Airplane on the Background!!!!

This not Centered??? O Comon!!! look this similar my photo acepted:

One of the best place's for Spotting,Hotel Matiz in Sao Paulo - Brazil. PT-MZK. Airbus A320-232. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 6 million screened photos online!
        I have not screened this one but I have agree with my colleagues. First, it is too high in the frame. Just measure the distance from the top edge to the top of the fuselage, then measure the distance from the bottom edge to the bottom of the fuselage: the last is far larger. The image you compare it with, has the a/c is also slightly higher in the frame, but only slight. Second, the dust spot is very large: it is not the plane in the back, it is above the horizontal stab.

And have more:

Over Processed / Bad postprocessing

There is a distinct halo around the a/c: dark band on top of the fuselage, light band (almost illuminating) on top of the wing. That is also the flaw on the rest of your rejections.

Sure it can be frustrating to have 40 rejections, but why blame the screeners? You just made an account to start a rant on this forum, why not use it to seek help here in processing?

Comment

Well, i can really see those above, but many had dismissed as nonsense, at least I think, I used the Shadow and Highlights at all but only a few, well finally, there is nothing to do, the way is to decrease the amount of photos sent it, because I realized that when they send a few always accept.

Comment

Well, i can really see those above, but many had dismissed as nonsense, at least I think, I used the Shadow and Highlights at all but only a few, well finally, there is nothing to do, the way is to decrease the amount of photos sent it, because I realized that when they send a few always accept.
            Wich setting do you use on your Nikon?

Erwin

Comment

Originally posted by pdeboer View Post
              I have not screened this one but I have agree with my colleagues. First, it is too high in the frame. Just measure the distance from the top edge to the top of the fuselage, then measure the distance from the bottom edge to the bottom of the fuselage: the last is far larger. The image you compare it with, has the a/c is also slightly higher in the frame, but only slight. Second, the dust spot is very large: it is not the plane in the back, it is above the horizontal stab.

There is a distinct halo around the a/c: dark band on top of the fuselage, light band (almost illuminating) on top of the wing. That is also the flaw on the rest of your rejections.

Sure it can be frustrating to have 40 rejections, but why blame the screeners? You just made an account to start a rant on this forum, why not use it to seek help here in processing?
              I did not initiate any discussion, just wanted to show my indignation! And I think it's fair, there are dubious photos in the database, but do not want to raise an issue here, but to show my indignation, after all I have right to share, not offend nobody! if I'm wrong I recognize my mistake, but I continue with my opinion that has pictures rejected as nonsense at that!

Comment

Originally posted by ErwinS View Post
                Wich setting do you use on your Nikon?
                Hi ErwinS,i'm use a Nikon D3100 with Lens Nikon AF-S Nikkor 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6 VR DX ED,and a Shooting in ''A'' Mode ISO 100 and F8 when have a Sun light and Speed AUTO,quality Fine Mode and Larger Mode,Auto Focus ''C'' some times i'm use 3D Focus 11 Points,White Balance ''Auto'' and Matricial Mode,sorry abou my English,i'm not fluence

Comment

I did not initiate any discussion, just wanted to show my indignation! And I think it's fair, there are dubious photos in the database, but do not want to raise an issue here, but to show my indignation, after all I have right to share, not offend nobody! if I'm wrong I recognize my mistake, but I continue with my opinion that has pictures rejected as nonsense at that!
                  Well, maybe you do not want a discussion but when you say things like the things i quote from your first post, it is more than likely screeners will react :
                  ... the screeners lately not been doing a good job ...
                  ...angry at the Screeners ...

Comment

Hi ErwinS,i'm use a Nikon D3100 with Lens Nikon AF-S Nikkor 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6 VR DX ED,and a Shooting in ''A'' Mode ISO 100 and F8 when have a Sun light and Speed AUTO,quality Fine Mode and Larger Mode,Auto Focus ''C'' some times i'm use 3D Focus 11 Points,White Balance ''Auto'' and Matricial Mode,sorry abou my English,i'm not fluence
                    Do you have D-Lighting switched off? If this is on it can produce the halo effct as shown on your shots.

Erwin

Comment

Originally posted by pdeboer View Post
                      Well, maybe you do not want a discussion but when you say things like the things i quote from your first post, it is more than likely screeners will react :
                      Sorry i'm used the google translate,and this word that wrong,I meant that the decision of reject people I do not agree, that's all.

Comment

Do you have D-Lighting switched off? If this is on it can produce the halo effct as shown on your shots.

No ErwinS,always ON D-Lighting,look this accepted photo em the same day and the same configuration:

PR-MYK. Airbus A320-214. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 6 million screened photos online!

And this,all in the same day and the same configuration:

One of the best place's for Spotting,Hotel Matiz in Sao Paulo - Brazil. PR-MBP. Airbus A320-232. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 6 million screened photos online!

Soccer Team livery.. PR-MAP. Airbus A320-232. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 6 million screened photos online!

One of the best place's for Spotting,Hotel Matiz in Sao Paulo - Brazil. EC-KZI. Airbus A340-642. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Comment

No ErwinS,always ON D-Lighting,look this accepted photo em the same day and the same configuration:

PR-MYK. Airbus A320-214. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 6 million screened photos online!

And this,all in the same day and the same configuration:

One of the best place's for Spotting,Hotel Matiz in Sao Paulo - Brazil. PR-MBP. Airbus A320-232. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 6 million screened photos online!

Soccer Team livery.. PR-MAP. Airbus A320-232. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 6 million screened photos online!

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=7122706
                          Well I advice you to have D-Lighting OFF. This will reduce the halo effect on your shots so will reduce you over proc rejects.

Erwin

Comment

Well I advice you to have D-Lighting OFF. This will reduce the halo effect on your shots so will reduce you over proc rejects.
                            Thank you very much,i'm gonna try it,and u have amazing pictures from EHAM,amazing airport,hugs from Sao Paulo,best ragard's and sorry to all if i'm explain wrong.

Comment

Yes, D-Lightning must be turned off, as the camera tries to optimize the contrast, which creates such halos in the sky. It works spendid for many "normal" pictures, but really sucks when you take pictures of a white plane against a blue sky.

Comment

Working...
                              X