X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm now with very big sadness !

Dear friends,

I'm very very sad to write now about this issue in the forum.

The issue is this photo:

After I got the rejection for this photo, I sent an appeal with a link to the discussions on the forum about this photo and with Michael's answer.
    Have a question about Photo Editing software (Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, etc.), improving your photos, etc.? Our crew of Photo Screeners is here to help you out!

Have a question about Photo Editing software (Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, etc.), improving your photos, etc.? Our crew of Photo Screeners is here to help you out!

Now I received a rejection of the appeal without any explanation, and that makes me a very very big sadness!

After all, we are here for a common hobby, am I right?
    But unfortunately it is very difficult situation when to each crew member has a different opinion and there is no uniformity between the crew members!

And my case is not the only instance!
    Just the other day I read that Alex wrote in his opinion about a photo (of another photographer) is okay and another crew member wrote a different opinion!

It's right that the photos is not an exact science, as Gerardo once wrote, but here it's not a matter of exact science!

We are talking about a very known place, and because of the topography in this place people can think differently if the horizon is ok or not ok...

It's not a game of cat and mouse... But it's seems to me sometimes as the hard game...

Then why you make life difficult for your old member?

After all, you (the screeners) also make it difficult yourself with further screening unnecessarily!

So, I'm very very sad now.
    Regards,
    Erez.

PS
    Also I got a rejection for this one:

and I think that the verticals are on level with the horizon.
    I sent an appeal on this one and got another rejection without explanation!
    Last edited by Guest; 2011-08-20, 20:25.

Erezs,
    I'm not going to discuss about the horizon on your picture...
    But what REALLY is over my understanding is how such a rejection can make you sad... the dead of a loved one makes me sad, leaving my family for years, things like that... but here.... It's not like if you had taken a super rare unique shot... It's just a BA 319, one of the most common plane is Europe today.
    In my humble opinion you should really try to move on... When I get a rejection I only appeal like 1% of the time... why ? because most of the time the screeners are right and most of all because I'm happy to have that picture in my personal collection and if it's not on JP, so be it... no big deal.
    I hope you understand my point.
    Best regards
    Alex

PS : I just can't believe you sent an appeal for the pic at the end of your post.... instead of appealing why don't you just take a sec to check that VERY unlevel red and white pole ????
    Last edited by Alex - Spot-This !; 2011-08-20, 22:41.

Comment

Originally posted by Omar Alex Saffe View Post
      Erezs,
      I'm not going to discuss about the horizon on your picture...
      But what REALLY is over my understanding is how such a rejection can make you sad... the dead of a loved one makes me sad, leaving my family for years, things like that... but here.... It's not like if you had taken a super rare unique shot... It's just a BA 319, one of the most common plane is Europe today.
      In my humble opinion you should really try to move on... When I get a rejection I only appeal like 1% of the time... why ? because most of the time the screeners are right and most of all because I'm happy to have that picture in my personal collection and if it's not on JP, so be it... no big deal.
      I hope you understand my point.
      Best regards
      Alex

PS : I just can't believe you sent an appeal for the pic at the end of your post.... instead of appealing why don't you just take a sec to check that VERY unlevel red and white pole ????
      Thanks Alex for your response.
      It is very clear that you can not compare, between, for example the big and terrible sadness after my brother's son was killed in a car accident a few months ago, and "Simple sad" as I described above.
      But I'm very sad because a simple case with a photo, because everyone can see the question I asked on the forum in advance, with Michael's answer.
      And because of the notifications of rejection of the appeal had no explanation, I feel like "I got kicked on my ass".
      I'm sorry to write it this way, but I feel that I was treated without any dignity to me.
      So, I'm sad.

Best regards,
      Erez.

Comment

Hello again,

What I can understand after all this time, when other than Alex's answer, although another team member did not respond until now to my posts?
        It makes me feel that all of you know that I'm right in what I wrote above, and probably it's difficult to admit a mistake ...
        Anyway, I think it will be respected to answer me on the issue I have written above.

Best regards,
        Erez.

Comment

Erez,

There is possibly a language understanding problem here. English is not your first language and Hebrew is way outside of my understanding.

When there is no screener response to an appeal it is because the reason for the rejection is immediately clear and does not require any clarification.

Regards,
          Brian.
          If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
            Erez,

There is possibly a language understanding problem here. English is not your first language and Hebrew is way outside of my understanding.

When there is no screener response to an appeal it is because the reason for the rejection is immediately clear and does not require any clarification.

Regards,
            Brian.
            Thanks Brian, But I think even though there may be problems of translation from one language to another, it should be clear and understandable (even the links I sent the above) I asked a question on the forum, a staff member replied that the photo is on level for sure, yesterday I got rejection for this photo, I sent an appeal, and simply ignored what I have written.
            I think it's a bit (and maybe even a lot) unfair for me.

Best regards,
            Erez.

Comment

So apart from all our explanations of what our poor photographer is feeling...I personally think that both of the shots are indeed unlevel with the horizon, especially in the 2nd shot of the Turkish 737. I think that even if you did a little editing with photoshop or some other photo editing software, and just rotate the picture then crop out the borders.

I think it is actually a very simple rejection to fix!

I hope I helped you understand the reasons behind the rejection in the first place...

cheers,

JC
              Remember on your hardest days, that the airplanes always take off against the wind... afterwards, the skies are all yours.

Comment

Originally posted by coke View Post
                So apart from all our explanations of what our poor photographer is feeling...I personally think that both of the shots are indeed unlevel with the horizon, especially in the 2nd shot of the Turkish 737. I think that even if you did a little editing with photoshop or some other photo editing software, and just rotate the picture then crop out the borders.

I think it is actually a very simple rejection to fix!

I hope I helped you understand the reasons behind the rejection in the first place...

cheers,

JC
                Thank you mate for your response,
                It is clear that this is something that can be corrected, if necessary, but the question and my lack of understanding is for two things (and I don't understand why this problems did not clear until now):
                Let's say that about the Turkish I agree that perhaps it's a little unleveled.
                But I asked clearly about the problem a few weeks ago, before I upload the photo of the british Airways. then, the crew member Mr. Michael Wolf responded that the photo is perfectly leveled.
                Here again the answer of Mr. Wolf about this photo:
                Erez,
                It looks good, the runway will naturally lean left in such case, it's just perspective. If you stand by a road, facing the road, and look to the right, you will see that from your perspective the road will be leaning the same way, getting away from the horizon and closer to you, i.e. leaning to the left. A good example of what I'm talking about, the image is perfectly leveled.

Now the obvious question: Is the crew member Mr. Wolf did not know what he's talking about?
                I think even now that Mr. Wolf understand very well the subject, so he answer to me "the image is perfectly leveled".

The main thing that made me disappointed is very large, after many years I was a participant at this site, and I'm one of the participants of the first on this site, it's the fact that even if there was an mistake in the answer from Mr. Michael Wolf, or perhaps was a mistake caused by my fault, why then reject the appeal without explaining about the nature of the mistake?

I am very sorry if I caused Mr. Wolf inconvenience because my case, he just wanted to help me.
                Too bad it happened that way.

Best regards,
                Erez.

Comment

What make me very sad is that you openly question the profession of my dear colleague screener Michael Wolf. He is very much respected by a large JPnet population.
                  The prescreen thread is there to give advise. You can expect a strong indication about when a picture is good or not. BUT, it is by no means a insurance your image will get accepted during the actual screening. So, no mistake was made. That is all there is to it.

Comment

Originally posted by ErezS View Post
                    The main thing that made me disappointed is very large, after many years I was a participant at this site, and I'm one of the participants of the first on this site, it's the fact that even if there was an mistake in the answer from Mr. Michael Wolf, or perhaps was a mistake caused by my fault, why then reject the appeal without explaining about the nature of the mistake.
                    Erez, I agree with you and Mr. Michael Wolf on the BA shot, but if an appeal gets rejected then there is nothing you can do but re-upload the shot. I'm afraid you are not helping your situation by making a big fuss about it in the forums. As for the rejected appeal without explanation, you as one of the most longstanding members should well know it simply means the senior screener thought no further clarification was needed.

Comment

Originally posted by pdeboer View Post
                      What make me very sad is that you openly question the profession of my dear colleague screener Michael Wolf. He is very much respected by a large JPnet population.
                      The prescreen thread is there to give advise. You can expect a strong indication about when a picture is good or not. BUT, it is by no means a insurance your image will get accepted during the actual screening. So, no mistake was made. That is all there is to it.
                      Pamela, thanks for your answer , but I'm afraid you did not understand at all the things above.
                      I have very great respect to Mr. Michael Wolf !
                      I think that Mr. Wolf was right in his answer to me.
                      I think that the mistake is of the crew member (or members) who rejected the picture, and another mistake by the senior screener who reject the appeal without any comment, regardless of the answer of Mr. Wolf!
                      For what are in the this forum, if your answer does not respected by another crew member? This is why i'm very sad and confused.
                      Originally posted by magic48 View Post
                      Erez, I agree with you and Mr. Michael Wolf on the BA shot, but if an appeal gets rejected then there is nothing you can do but re-upload the shot. I'm afraid you are not helping your situation by making a big fuss about it in the forums. As for the rejected appeal without explanation, you as one of the most longstanding members should well know it simply means the senior screener thought no further clarification was needed.
                      Gianluca,
                      You encouraged me now, and proves to me that the problem is that every crew member has a different opinion and there is no uniformity.
                      And with an encouraging response like yours I can definitely finish this discussion. I don't want to make a big fuss about it in the forum.

Thank you very much.

Best regards,
                      Erez.
                      Last edited by Guest; 2011-08-22, 19:09.

Comment

Erez, you forget one thing, which Pam mentioned above: the pre-screening topic is here to give you a rough idea, if the photo will make it or not, if there are show stoppers or not. But the screening window has some tools we can use, such as for example a ruler to check horizon. I doubt, that Michael checked your photo with a ruler. So much about uniformity.

The final decision is done during screening. Playing a screener off against other screeners won't help your cause.
                        My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Working...
                        X