Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Part of aircraft cut off - HELP?

Boys and Girls

This photo was rejected for various motives including "Part of aircraft cut off". I just want to be sure what is meant behind this rejection motive. I know my photo probably has tons of other problems but why is it rejected for "part of aircraft cut off"?

If you look at the following photo - a fine photo, I might add - it has plenty of the aircraft cut off.

So please - for the clarity of spotters who like different or stylish photos, were does the cut off rejection stand?
    Thank you and cheers

Pretty simple, is that your shot is not only backlit, but also really does not do any justice like the other photo. I am sure if you had a photo like that with the forward section of the fuselage that it would most likely get on (no backlit ones though)

As for different angle, you need to be essentially artistic and find a angle to get a photo to work. I do it all the time and get some great photos, and all those shots never end up here as they really do not fit into the database.

Comment

Screeners

I think my post was not undertsood.
      I am not complaining that my photo was rejected. I just want you Screeners to make on thing clear - what makes a photo rejected for "part of aircraft cut off"?

My photo clearly has part of the aircraft cut off, but I can find quite a few other photos were the aircraft is not 100% in view yet happily accepted.

All I want is for some big cheese to make the issue clear. Actually what would be super is a guideline for Screeners and Uploaders as to what makes an error subject to rejection. But before we head for the Spotter's Uploading Encyclopedia - lets resolve the "part iof aircraft cut off".
      1. Was my photo subject to that mistake or not?
      2. Is there a guideline for this error?

Cheers!

Comment

Trying to keep this very simple and leaving aside the backlit issue.When you were taking the photo if you had taken it further away and framed the complete wing in the frame without chopping off the front of the aircraft it may have worked.
        There is no hard and fast rule regards part of an aircraft cut off...other than it must work visually.
        If you are still confused(and I mean this in a nice way)picture in your mind your shot taken the way I described..now look at your composition.

ps as an example my avatar to the left would not be accepted

Comment

Originally posted by Shanwick View Post
          ps as an example my avatar to the left would not be excepted

But the motive works so well!

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by hdgrubb View Post
            But the motive works so well!
            Hence it's my avatar

Comment

Originally posted by Shanwick View Post
              ps as an example my avatar to the left would not be excepted
              WOW! I realised just now, that it has an aircraft ...

Alberto, you cut off everything in that photo: nose, tail and wing. If the would would have showed the nose for example, it would have been acceptable, leaving other rejection reasons in your photo aside now.
              Last edited by LX-A343; 2011-09-25, 18:28.
              My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Gerardo

Your response was crystal clear. That means if I take a photo, like the one that was rejected I need to include at least on complete part of the plane as you say: nose, wing or tail.

Clear enough for me and hopefully for other fellow spotters.

I hope to get another chance walking under the wing of a plane - now I know the details for a somewhat out of the ordinary photo that might be accepted.

Thank you and cheers!

Comment

Artistic, ie visually appealing subject is essentially what it is all about. There are close ups on this site that work really well, some clever cropping which works well. You just have to experiment and find an angle that works well.

Comment

Originally posted by aceriana View Post
                    Gerardo

Your response was crystal clear. That means if I take a photo, like the one that was rejected I need to include at least on complete part of the plane as you say: nose, wing or tail.

Clear enough for me and hopefully for other fellow spotters.

I hope to get another chance walking under the wing of a plane - now I know the details for a somewhat out of the ordinary photo that might be accepted.

Thank you and cheers!
                    Gerardo did not say what you quoted above read his post again and also take on board the advise that Brenden and I gave you.

Comment

Working...
                    X