Panning, how is it done?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks guys!
    And: AI SERVO or not? (an option available on my EOS 400).

Comment

Originally posted by Hinkelbein View Post
      Thanks guys!
      And: AI SERVO or not? (an option available on my EOS 400).
      Absolutely. And another tip - move the focus from the shutter button to the back button (there is a custom function that does this). That lets you hold the button with your thumb, keeping the focus going, and you can shoot at will. It takes a little practice to get comfortable doing it that way, but you should quickly become accustomed to it, and won't want to change back.
      KC-135: Passing gas and taking names!

Comment

Originally posted by Moose135 View Post
        Absolutely. And another tip - move the focus from the shutter button to the back button (there is a custom function that does this). That lets you hold the button with your thumb, keeping the focus going, and you can shoot at will. It takes a little practice to get comfortable doing it that way, but you should quickly become accustomed to it, and won't want to change back.
        Interesting! Tell us more, were to find this function? (I have the 450D).
        So it must be available on that one too I presume?

Comment

I took a look at the 450D manual on line - it's on Page 158 of that copy (assuming it is the same as yours):

On your camera menu, go to the Custom Functions (C.Fn) screen and select C.Fn IV Operations/Others
          Go to Function 10: Shutter / AE Lock Button and select Option 3 - AE/AF, no AE Lock
          Per the manual: In the AI Servo AF mode, you can press the <*> button to start or stop the AI Servo AF operation. The exposure is set at the moment the picture is taken.

Give it a try - you probably don't want to change this when you are getting ready to shoot a once-in-a-lifetime event, but take an afternoon of spotting when you can practice a bit and get the feel of it. I set my camera up that way about 3 years ago, and haven't gone back.
          KC-135: Passing gas and taking names!

Comment

Cameras such as the 7D has an 'AF - on button', but to be honest, i never found holding the shutter button down halfway that hard.........
            Sam Rudge
            A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

Originally posted by Moose135 View Post
              I took a look at the 450D manual on line - it's on Page 158 of that copy (assuming it is the same as yours):

Give it a try -
              Thanks Moose, I will give it a try!

Comment

Working...
              X