X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wingview rejected for Bad Location

Hello all,

Just recently, I got this wingview rejected for Bad Location:

It was taken rather shortly after takeoff. So I put the location as SeaTac Int'l Airport, KSEA

It was rejected, and I assume the screener wants it as In Flight, USA - Washington

But look at these examples in JP.net database:

Landing on R14-32 in VABB, Over the suburbs of Andheri and Vile Parle. Juhu Beach can be seen just below the wing fence and Juhu airport is hidden by the wing. The twin spires of the Bandra-Worli Sea Link can be seen just above the wing in the center, between the residential towers of Bandra and Worli. VT-SCU. Airbus A319-112. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Approaching into ZSSS. and the water in the pond is for cooling cycle of air conditioning at terminals.. B-6120. Airbus A330-343. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Banking away from a runway 1R departure at LAS on a beautiful afternoon with the famous Las Vegas strip visible below.. N740SW. Boeing 737-7H4. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

They are all wingviews in flight, with the airport nowhere in sight.

So what's the deal here?

I am thinking about appealing this rejection.

And, if a photo does constitute as In Flight, how does one put that into the photo upload form?

Best regards,

Jerry
    Remember on your hardest days, that the airplanes always take off against the wind... afterwards, the skies are all yours.

My argument would be that y'all were already far enough away to allow for a clean wing to be seen, which in the others, they still have the flaps extended.
    As for uploading inflight, click on the "show menu" button, select USA-Washington, and for the location/airport, early in the list is inflight.

Comment

Originally posted by coke View Post
      Hello all,

..........But look at these examples in JP.net database:

Landing on R14-32 in VABB, Over the suburbs of Andheri and Vile Parle. Juhu Beach can be seen just below the wing fence and Juhu airport is hidden by the wing. The twin spires of the Bandra-Worli Sea Link can be seen just above the wing in the center, between the residential towers of Bandra and Worli. VT-SCU. Airbus A319-112. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Approaching into ZSSS. and the water in the pond is for cooling cycle of air conditioning at terminals.. B-6120. Airbus A330-343. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Banking away from a runway 1R departure at LAS on a beautiful afternoon with the famous Las Vegas strip visible below.. N740SW. Boeing 737-7H4. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

They are all wingviews in flight, with the airport nowhere in sight.

So what's the deal here?...............Jerry
      Ryan's answer is correct as is your assumption re: Inflight USA Washington.

Of the three examples you give 1 and 3 should also have been rejected for location. 2 is correct as the airfield is in sight. There is a taxiway middle right.
      If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

I do not mean to complicate issues but consider the following image

[photoid=7169836]

To get this view, the aircraft I am on, is within the airport's perimeter just short of runway 24R. The image did not show a view of KLAX so I opted to use the inflight option.
        On this image,

[photoid=6872961]

Same airport as Chris Kilroy's shot, different runway I still used the inflight option as KLAS is not really visible.

In my opinion, moving on the ground you are safe using the airport as your location. As long as you are in flight use that option. I hope these were of some help to you, for me it was a tug-of -war deciding before I uploaded the images as there is definitely a grey area out there.

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post

Of the three examples you give 1 and 3 should also have been rejected for location. 2 is correct as the airfield is in sight. There is a taxiway middle right.
          Oooh, thanks Brian. I understand now. So I guess it's really just the screener's feelings towards whether the location is correct or not?

Will reupload that photo in the queue with correct location info.

Thanks guys

Jerry
          Remember on your hardest days, that the airplanes always take off against the wind... afterwards, the skies are all yours.

Comment

Working...
          X