Sam Rudge
    A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

• Originally posted by Felipe Garcia View Post
      Just under 7000 right now. Great work!
      bravo to the screening team for dropping queue
      calculate

Comment

• WOW...the queue is getting so low. That so great from the team I hopemthat will continue maybe as they have new screeners or new software. I uploaded a photo today and it was in position 8050 or so. After around 4hrs its now on position 6740. Thats so fast

Thanks for that and please keep up the good work
        View my Spottingpictures on Jetphotos.net here

Comment

• Was just thinking the same. Had some stuff screened this evening that only spent 3 days 20 hours in the queue - fastest I've ever known it. Really good

Comment

• Now folks, this becomes more awesome every day!

Benjamin above says three days. I say ... 1 day 19 hours 41 minutes and as of now, 3786 photos ahead in queue

thanks thanks thanks!

Comment

• For me now the same. Only needs around 1 day and maybe 15 to 23hrs. Thats nearly unbelievable.

Will this continue or is this only because many screeners are still at home or on vacation and have time? Or can we expect the queue to get again back to 18000?

Comment

• Originally posted by StefBrat View Post
                For me now the same. Only needs around 1 day and maybe 15 to 23hrs. Thats nearly unbelievable.

Will this continue or is this only because many screeners are still at home or on vacation and have time? Or can we expect the queue to get again back to 18000?
                Probably due to the winter time and the bad weather. For example we have rain for about 4 weeks now, so my queue is empty since end of november.
                But nevertheless, very very good work!!! Two days are just awesome!

Have a nice weekend!
                Best Regards from Germany,
                Julian S.​

Comment

For me now the same. Only needs around 1 day and maybe 15 to 23hrs. Thats nearly unbelievable.

Given that uploads have nearly doubled in pace since the queue has dropped, I would say don't expect the short queue to last. If uploads had stayed at their normal levels, then yes, it would have been possible to maintain a much shorter queue. But since everyone wants to take advantage of the shorter queue, it is inevitable that we will not be able to keep pace with the new uploads.

Comment

• Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
                    Given that uploads have nearly doubled in pace since the queue has dropped, I would say don't expect the short queue to last. If uploads had stayed at their normal levels, then yes, it would have been possible to maintain a much shorter queue. But since everyone wants to take advantage of the shorter queue, it is inevitable that we will not be able to keep pace with the new uploads.
                    What would be the preferred practice to avoid this?
                    Currently, I will upload 8-10 pictures in 1 day, then wait a day or two to upload 8-10 more. Once the pictures get screened I usually wait another day or two before re-uploading 8-10, and so on ...
                    Would it be better then to only upload say 8-10, wait 3-4 days, then upload 8-10 and wait for all of them to get screened before repeating the process?

Comment

• @dlowwa
                      I understand the problem and today we had/have around 3300 according to the homepage. That indeed a massive increase. Do you may see a solution to may stop the queue from getting again into the 10000`s? It's nice to wait only 1-2 days but for me it's also okay to wait 4-6 days for screening.
                      Maybe hiring new screener? Or something else?

Comment

• Originally posted by 71sbeetle View Post
                        What would be the preferred practice to avoid this?
                        Currently, I will upload 8-10 pictures in 1 day, then wait a day or two to upload 8-10 more. Once the pictures get screened I usually wait another day or two before re-uploading 8-10, and so on ...
                        Would it be better then to only upload say 8-10, wait 3-4 days, then upload 8-10 and wait for all of them to get screened before repeating the process?
                        Just in order to keep the queue down, people would need to continue whatever their normal upload habits are - but it's not our place to dictate to people how to use (or not use in this case) upload slots that are available to them. Just as long as people are aware that uploading more photos than usual will inevitably lead back to a longer queue.

A month ago, we were averaging around 1500-1600 uploads a day. Today, already 3300 images have been uploaded, with a few hours still left. With that much of an increase in uploaded images, you can see how a low queue is unsustainable.

Comment

@dlowwa
                          I understand the problem and today we had/have around 3300 according to the homepage. That indeed a massive increase. Do you may see a solution to may stop the queue from getting again into the 10000`s? It's nice to wait only 1-2 days but for me it's also okay to wait 4-6 days for screening.
                          Maybe hiring new screener? Or something else?
                          "Hire a new screener"...hahahaha...I wish we were paid for 1/10 of what we do All of us are volunteers, no one is paid. The queue dropping is a result of a larger number of people than normal deciding to sacrifice their time for this site. As I said above, the only way to maintain a lower queue is to have everyone simply upload no more than they would usually. But again, we're certainly not going to prevent people from taking advantage of the slots that are available to them, so if people decide to upload twice as much as they normally do since the queue is low and this leads to the queue growing again, so be it.

Comment

• @dlowwa
                            I know you are not paid but I meant with hiring something like "search, look for, train someone,....." to may get more people having time to screen. I don't know how easy it is to find volunteers. I tried several times to get in contact with someone maybe 1 or 2 years ago. But never got a reply via mail on the question or my application. I'm not angry on that...but just thinking what could be a solution.

By the way....I'm always uploading around 5-8 images in one row. Then waiting maybe 2 days and uploading again 5 images. That's also not less but I have many pics laying on my HDD. Do not understand why people now doing something else...

Comment

• Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
                              "Hire a new screener"...hahahaha...I wish we were paid for 1/10 of what we do All of us are volunteers, no one is paid. The queue dropping is a result of a larger number of people than normal deciding to sacrifice their time for this site. As I said above, the only way to maintain a lower queue is to have everyone simply upload no more than they would usually. But again, we're certainly not going to prevent people from taking advantage of the slots that are available to them, so if people decide to upload twice as much as they normally do since the queue is low and this leads to the queue growing again, so be it.
                              Being a moderator on a few websites I can sure understand your pain lol
                              I did apply to be a screener here a little while back since I have been on medical leave from my flying job and I've been bored out of my mind but my understanding is that I would need more pictures in the database first (which is one of the reasons I have been continuously uploading too
                              In my case, my uploading habit has not changed BUT, since pictures get screened faster I do upload more in a given time frame than I used to (I could upload 15-20 in 2 weeks before, now I could upload almost 3 times that!)

Comment

• Originally posted by 71sbeetle View Post
                                In my case, my uploading habit has not changed BUT, since pictures get screened faster I do upload more in a given time frame than I used to (I could upload 15-20 in 2 weeks before, now I could upload almost 3 times that!)
                                Then you've answered your own question about how to avoid a longer queue.. Your habit has changed, since you say that you are in fact uploading more than usual now that the queue is low. There's nothing wrong with that, but now you see how it will be impossible to avoid everyone else doing the same.

Comment

Working...
                                X