X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Message to the screeners about uploading Blue Angels shots

Hello all,

I got this one rejected a few days ago

This is not an appeal, nor a request for advice. I am just wondering why Registration, CN, and Serial Number were considered "bad info"

If the screener intended for me to find other photos of the No.5 jet, the registration and other info would not have been correct, because the USN Blue Angels have about 10 airplanes, but usually only 6 go out to the flight line. The No.5 jet that flew during the show was not the same as this parked No.5 jet.

Also, I believe the Blue Angels file all of their aircraft under a different BuNo (registration) for each show season.

So I truly did not know the registration of that aircraft, or other info.

I just thought that I would let you know about this.

I thought this goes under Photo Processing because it is a problem from the upload processing form.

Best regards,

Jayce
    Remember on your hardest days, that the airplanes always take off against the wind... afterwards, the skies are all yours.

They fly SIX numbered aircraft and the numbers are pretty much fixed unless there is a fleet upgrade which I believe occured a few years ago. The seventh aircraft that makes it on the show circuit is a two seater trainer version which serves as the back-up should there be a problem with anyone of the other 6. It is also what they use to do promo flights with invited guests and media/press.

They do log a lot of hours and miles. Shows are FRI and SAT, then they fly back to Pensacola FL usually arriving Sun late evening. Practice sessions go on TUES and WED then they fly from KPNA to the next destination on their schedule for the next FRI show. 7 planes and the KC-130 make the trip most of the time.

Comment

But if you ask anyone who went to the Miramar Air Show 2011, they will prove to you...there was Jets 1-6 lined up beside the runway, and then there were additional Jets #5 and a #4 parked on the tarmac. I have also seen Jets #7 and #8, so for 1-6, plus these 4 and 5, and assumed 7 and 8, that's 10 planes

How often they re-register their planes, I'm not sure, only that I know that they do them often enough so that after a few years it's changed considerably.

So, I understand why you would say that they only fly 7 jets...but ask anyone at MCAS Miramar Air Show 2011...there were at least 8 jets at the airport at that day.
      Remember on your hardest days, that the airplanes always take off against the wind... afterwards, the skies are all yours.

Comment

Old Blue Angel Aircraft on Display, Aircraft Tin Feathers, photos of Military Museum, aircraft, military, Air Force, Navy, Naval Aviation, Ships, Civilian Aircraft, Accidents, Maintenance Screw-Ups, museums, air racing, airshows, aviation photos, flying

That site has some good information on it.

Comment

which proves my point...that website says so many Former Blue Angels A/C

There's no telling what BuNo my photographed aircraft could have been

Comment

Originally posted by coke View Post
            which proves my point...that website says so many Former Blue Angels A/C

There's no telling what BuNo my photographed aircraft could have been
            But unlike the Thunderbirds, the Blue Angels have the BuNo visibly marked on each of their aircraft...

I don't have a good ramp shot handy, but you can clearly see the number on the rear of the fuselage in front of the horizontal stabilizer. Regardless of the big number on the tail (which can be changed if aircraft are swapped around during the season) the BuNo of a specific airframe does not change.
            KC-135: Passing gas and taking names!

Comment

Working...
            X