What a pity!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RingwaySam View Post
    My health is more important that keeping the likes of you happy, simple as.
    Some people don't want to be happy. There are some strange, bitter, twisted examples of the human species gone wrong who spend their waking existence trying to strip every shred of enjoyment out of others' lives; wrenching their imaginary knife through people's spines and inflicting unhappiness at every given opportunity. Nothing will make these sad, unfortunate individuals happy, and through their own choice they're destined to spend the rest of their miserable days on the periphery of life in a meaningless, perpetual, dark abyss of nothingness.

Fuck 'em I say.
    Seeing the world with a 3:2 aspect ratio...

My images on Flickr

Comment

Remember guys, the screeners also have a life, they don't just sit in front of their monitor and screen 24/7. You must understand they are volunteers that do this once they have the time. Jetphotos.Net has thousands of members as well and that includes thousands of photo uploads each week which requires a lot of time for them to observe the photo and look for the flaws. It does not work that they just take a quick glance and check "accept" or "reject". Just upload a few photos, be patient and if you get frustrated that they get rejected after 2 weeks in the queue then obviously your doing something wrong... The screeners are experienced photographers that know their stuff and if you would have a regular JP.Net uploader who would start screening then we would have a bunch of bullock photos in the database...
      Flickr |Airliners.Net | Airplane-Pictures.Net | Jetphotos.Net

Comment

Some people do get really easily fired up don't they...?

Out of curiosity, how many screeners are there?

One thing that guy said could be a good idea, obtain more screeners. I'm not saying this as a "lets do this by the end of the week" thing, cause I know you've got to be careful with these things to hold the website's integrity but you've gotta meet growth with growth I suppose...

As for me, spotting is a past time, and it's a free service; it's like going to someone's house for dinner and aggressively complaining that they didn't bake a chocolate sponge cake to go with the desert; When it's free you can't really nit pick.

And unless you're a uni student, you've got to put your personal life first (or high up on the list) or we'll end up with civilizations akin to 1984!
        Note: I did not copy PMN, I am in fact obsessed with both (ask anyone who knows me and they would confirm that I talk constantly about these things

Comment

Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post
          It wasn't an excuse, just a fact.
          REALLY?

Comment

Over the years, Jetphotos has been growing exponentially as evident by the number of photographers, uploads, and photos in the database. Having the queue being so long may not discourage some people from uploading but it does in one way or another have an effect on some people (believe it or not, some people I have talked to recently are bothered by the length of the queue, and these are people that really really have their names out there)

The most direct solution is to get more screeners. Not an easy way out because it does require cost (time/learning) of training but it is the only practical way to meet the long run demand. Yes screeners don't get paid, but if screeners are taking days off for holiday (perfectly fine) or screeners are sick (sorry to hear that ) then we are lacking in screeners and we get the queue built up. That means we need more screeners. Why don't we periodically train a few to be screeners to overcome the growing demand, since screeners don't get paid anyway (to make your life as a screener easier and meet the demand of photographers)? It is always better to have more screeners to have less screeners. Right now it is like sticking a hand in narrow jar and have it stuck by its neck...it won't be efficient.

Comment

Hi ya,
              Personally, I couldn't give a toss how long it takes to get screened. That said, it would appear that a lot do. So would it be possible to have casual screeners that can offer their time occasionally when called upon, when the permanent guys and girls are on holiday, fancy a break etc or like Sam, are off catching diseases in far away places.
              Regards
              René

Comment

Hello all,

First at all I apologize about my bad English...

In my humble opinion, it's not worth to add more screeners.

I am a person with a lot of patience. And if we need to wait two or three weeks, I have no problem with it!

There are well-known saying "The haste is from the devil".
                I do not know how it sounds and how this course each person's language, but means that it is better to work slowly but surely, and not rush.
                That when we rush has accidents! And this happens even here, although no one died from accidents like this, but I noticed that there were some "accidents" when scanned many photos in short time.

I mean not to overdo with the "slowly", but have a reasonable degree.
                I suggest to all of spotters please don't stress the team members, they are volunteers.
                Also, in the past I made ​​my point, when there are many team members

also have differences of opinion, and even here in the forum we see some differences from time to time between some of team members. Therefore, if adding another team members, then in my opinion may be more differences of opinion.

Just my two cents ...

Best regards,
                Erez.

Comment

All I can add is

Thank you for your support

and

We aren't happy at all with such a long waiting time either. Right now we are discussing it in the crew forum.

Alex

Comment

I just like to add that I do make every effort to not upload photos that I have a doubt about them, I really try to make more with self screening before upload, and I think that the data below indicate that:

Period Totals (Your Photos Only)
                    Total Screened:30% Accepted:96.67%
                    Total Accepted:29Total Rejected:1

Isn't ?

Have a good day and nice weekend to all.

Comment

You're doing well Erez. Keep up the good work!

Comment

Originally posted by J.Louwen View Post
                        What a pity it is that we are now up to 20(+) days before screening takes place.

Or are our screeners still in there winter sleep period?
                        Pfff And all I did was saying it's a pity!
                        And joking about the winter-sleep!

Ow and to our screeners: Do not reply anymore on messages like above!
                        It has a negative effect screening quota!
                        Whoehaaaaaa!

Comment

Looks like the screeners have got off their backsides and started screening. Are you lot going for a world record attempt on 'the most photos screened ever on a Sunday'?

Keep up the good work, I'm sure all are very grateful that you are working to bring down the queue, thanks!

Speak soon.
                          Best regards,
                          Dave

Saving the World, One Screened Image at a time...

Comment

We've had a great effort today from the screening team to get through some of the backlog and I'd also like to welcome our newest member of the screening team, Dave Henderson, who has joined us this weekend. Dave has been a long standing contributer to the site with some excellent quality photos. So please no moaning anyone about us not taking on new screeners!
                            Last edited by B7772ADL; 2012-07-08, 16:34.

Comment

I SCREENERS !

Or am I exaggerating now?

Comment

Originally posted by B7772ADL View Post
                                We've had a great effort today from the screening team to get through some of the backlog and I'd also like to welcome our newest member of the screening team, Dave Henderson, who has joined us this weekend. Dave has been a long standing contributer to the site with some excellent quality photos. So please no moaning anyone about us not taking on new screeners!
                                Thanks James, I have to say I'm amazed at the amount of work that goes on behind the scenes, it certainly takes a hell of a lot of work from the screeners during screening, certainly looking forward to my time with the teams.

Comment

Working...
                                X